Does spraying myself with lemon juice then laying in the sun lighten skin?

OK so I'm a black girl and I never liked how dark my skin tone is (like dark chocolate with red undertones). I'm mixed with french, native American, and Caucasian. so I have long very dark hair big dark almost Asian looking eyes a big round face and a biggish nose. I think that I'm pretty but no 1 approaches me or tells me I am (I have lots of friends and am a loud and proud person), so I feel that since so many people find dark tones ugly maybe that's my problem... so any tips on ways to brighten skin (I would LOVE a milk chocolate tone) please help me!

Most Helpful Guy

• Your skin is perfect just the way it is. God made us all different, which is why He also made us to all like different things. Lots of guys (myself included) prefer women with very dark skin, so why go out of your way to make your skin lighter, just to dissappoint the guy your hoping to meet, before you actually meet him.

What Guys Said 1

• No, and don't. I didn't even bother reading anything but the title, and already have my answer: No matter how much you or someone else may care, you shouldn't just change your looks. Yeah, that's a bit broad, but especially for something like skin tone?! Don't do it. Love yourself, and others will too :)

What Girls Said 8

• Lightening creams would probably be your best bet. Here's a good link I found, it does mention the lemon juice so it's worth a shot. Hope this helps!

• I'm pretty sure that lemon juice in the sun can burn your skin. Lemon juice on its own does brighten skin, but doesn't lighten it, at least not very significantly. Dark skin tones aren't ugly though, imo, I don't think you should worry about it.

• I'm sorry you feel this way, you really shouldn't because there are people who love all sorts of skin tones.

Laying out in the sun will darken skin & lemon juice can only do so much

• idk to be honest but id think that any laying in the sun would just darken your skin.

maybe google it because I honestly don't know

• but black girls are so beautiful. why would you wanna lighten your skin?

• Don't do it!

Plus laying in the sun darkens skin anyways

• no I don't think it does anything. please don't feel like you need to change! black girls are beautiful!

• Lemon juice might lighten your skin but will make you sensitive to the sun. If you lay in the sun with lemon juice on you.. I think you might end up with a sun burn.