Any Tips For New Piercings?

I just got my belly button pierced and it wasn't as bad as I thought :D anyway I know I have to clean it with Dial three times a day and it kind of stings a little.. but do you ladies have any tips on how to keep it clean and uninfected.?

i thought id get more answers from the girls that's why I put ladies lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always followed the piercer's instructions and I've never run into any problems with infection.

• okay thanx... do you just use the Dial soap 3 times a day .. or did you used anything else..? the person that pierced it didn't tell me to put anything else.

• I used the Dial soap three times daily and I used Bactine once a week because that's what my piercer told me to do.

• thanx.. :)

What Guys Said 3

• alitlte neo sporin helps...make sure you coat the bar and move it in and out so it gets in the hole a bit. make sure you let it get some air and keep it dry if you can...Dial is OK just make sure you use something with anit bacerial in it. It will be soar for a while...if it gets infected anyway and starts hurting take it out...usually that is sign that you body is trying to fight it. It is a foriegn objoct and your body might try to fight it off..

• I just used a saline solution on my piercings twice daily. Though I assume the belly button may be different being that it can harbour far more bacteria. Be careful about using a lot of intense disinfectants though being that they kill the good stuff too.

• is saline solution contact solution?

• Yes you can make your own, just keep in mind the ratio (I'd look that up because I'm not 100% sure that's the right one) get a jug of distilled water, you should be able to get a container of sea salt wherever you'd normally get any kind of food spices. If the salt's in large chunks use a mortar and pestle to powder it, then add and store the two ingredients in a sterile container. I would recommend just going to a drug/pharmacy store and simply buying a container.

• I made mine the aforementioned way because I had no access to a store to buy it at the time.

• i only answered because a close long time friend of mine owns a tattoo and piercing shop and I hang out there alot.

What Girls Said 2

• Tiny bit of mild soap and water and then Saline Solution for contacts is what I used for all my piercings and I never had an infected one and I had 13.

• bactine works nice and it is soothing