Do better looking people get to be pickier about who they date?

i noticed that my one friend who's really pretty turns down a lot of guys. not just because of looks but because of personality as well. but even then she's almost always got a guy because there are so many going after her that she has tons to choose from and can afford to turn some away.

my one average looking friend never turns a guy away. she's even been in bad relationships before and when I ask her why she says things like "he was the first guy to ask me out in 8 months, and I was tired of being alone" or "I'm not pretty enough to be choosy".

i think that's horrible, though. if a guy asks me out I'll always give him at least one date, unless I already know he's a jerk or a cheater or something. I think everyone deserves one shot. but I also won't stay with a guy just because I'm lonely.

what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep shy and or unattractive guys never get a chance.

What Guys Said 9

• Naturally, a person with more widely attractive physical traits is going to have more options and therefore, they're going to be able to pick and choose much more.

Millionaires a lot pickier about buying cars and real estate. The rest of use have to take what we can afford.

As for me, I used to be be like you, where I'd give anyone a chance if they seemed nice. But in the long run, I'm finding that I'm a lot more shallow that I thought I was, haha.

• Girls? Of course. Guys? Only if it's an extreme.

• i don't think this is true as a rule, I know some pretty nasty ass looking women who seem to have no trouble finding men and I know some seriusly hot ones who can't seem to get a date. must have allot to do with personality id wager.

• Yes, they do get preference and can afford to be pickier.

• Of course, they are too conceited to think otherwise.

• Yes they do apparently.

But I think YOU could answer this question better than most of us can. Can you get away with being picky as well?

• no I'm picky and I don't I'm that good looking

• Yep. Sucks for ugly people. lol

• What exactly do you EXPECT to happen here? Not only do better looking people GET to be pickier, they HAVE to be pickier. You said it yourself--guys are always throwing themselves at your hot friend. So what CAN she do? She either has to turn down most of them or she'll be forever dating guys. And for what? If 100 guys ask her out, she can easily toss most of them out without wasting an evening on them. Is it possible she ends up tossing out a good guy? Of course! But which one?

What Girls Said 2

• I'm picky...because I want to know a guy before I decide if I want to date/be with him or not. Being in a group of friends (his and mine/or mutual) the first month or so is vital since I can see how he interacts with them as well as with me, and if I don't like him I can just go back to talking with my friends and don't have to 'tolerate' him all night.

If I do like him, from that moment on I can go on a date with him and get to know him better.

I'm also picky because I value personality most of all, and all the guys who even ask me out are usually the ones that share the same interests as me /music/ - I meet a lot of musicians. Musicians can be tricky so I have to really get to know them in a social setting before I agree to a date of any kind...

• I think it depends more on the girl's confidence, I find quite a few girls feel they need to date someone to prove to themselves or other girls that they can get one. I know ugly/average girls that turn down every guy who even tries to talk to her because she thinks she is amazing looking and super pretty friends that do the exact opposite. Personally I used to be far more insecure so I said yes to dating a few guys I had no interest in but now I will only go out with a guy if I get the right feeling about him/ am actually interested in him. At the moment I find dating annoying though, because everyone takes it too seriously, a break up isn't the end of the world and you cannot be deeply in love with someone after your first date (if you don't know them prior) arghh :P