How do I get the smell off of my flat iron?

I've only had my flat iron about 2.5 years but when it's heating up it smells horrible.! It kind of smells like oily hair, but my hair is always clean when I use it and nasty haired people don't use it.! How do I get rod of the smell.? Anything imparticular I should use to wash it.? Please help.!

Most Helpful Guy

• Flat iron, isn't a euphemism is it?

What Guys Said 1

• Get a baby wipe/wet wipe or whatever you call them in the US, and run that under the plates when it's on. That's what I usually do.

What Girls Said 5

• Clean a cold flat iron with alcohol on a cotton swab. There's nasty residue that has accumulated on your flat iron and that's where the burning smell is coming from.

• You can usually buy a styling iron cleaner in a beauty supply store, but if it still smells bad than its probably time to replace it /:

• Get a CHI your's is getting too old CHI's never smellbad and work so well!

• I have heard a lot of people rub the plates with 70% rubbing alcohol. I did this to my flat iron, now for some reason whenever I try to straighten my hair , my hair becomes static.

• It depends after a time period you need to buy a new one, the old one just starts messing up your hair.

• It's a really good flat iron, still works great.! It just has that smell, but only when heating up.