I look good in the mirror but bad in photographs?

when I look in mirrors I look good and I'm self confident, but when I look at photographs of myself I don't look as good as I do in the mirror ? why is it ?

which me is how I really look? mirror or photo ?

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be something asymmetrical on your face.

For example, if you part your hair on the left, you'll see that in photos, but in the mirror, you're seeing your face as if you parted your hair on the right.

That's an obvious example, but my point is there could be something subtle in your appearance which is asymmetric, and you prefer the mirror look.

If that happens to be the case, remember that the mirror is not how people see you. The photograph is. So swap over the asymmetrical thing, to make your appearance the better look.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel the same way as well. I look horrible in pictures. I don't think it is always an accuarte representation of a person's looks but honestly, your guess is a good as mine.

• i feel the same way! I rarely take a good picture. I just think it comes down to not being photogenic... or at least I hope that's the case!

• well you look gorgeous in your profile pic if that says anything :)

• Well in the mirror your flipped and in some photos you appear how you look to other people

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's the lighting, and your camera aren't as good as your eyes

The mirror also relects your image so words and features do not look the same when looked at

• In the mirror you can change everything about your expression and way of physically holding yourself. In a picture it's one instant captured, so you can pick apart each and every quality of the picture that you dislike.

• I have the same problem as jenjen13. Not photogenic at all. Whenever I see a camera pointing in my direction, I duck and get away.

• hahaha. me too! I will shove people out of the way to avoid getting a picture taken. lol