Why is it that I look better in the pictures I take of myself?

I noticed that I look a little more like myself in the pictures I take of me. Like, I look closer to the way I look in person, I mean. But when other people take pictures of me, I look way larger and I seem to get the double chin effect and my face just looks all fat. xO When I look in the mirror, I definitely don't look like I have a fat face at all and there is no double chin, even when I smile. O.o I don't know why my pictures seem to suck so bad most of the time when other people take them. xP Anyone else have this problem?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm I think it is because in pictures you take of yourself you can get the best lighting and take them from your best angles. People who take pictures of you aren't as concerned with highlighting your attributes.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I know what you mean. I make the dumbest faces in ALL the pictures other people take of me. It's like they take the picture at the absolute worst moment. I can never get a good one.

However, when I'm able to control the timing, angle, and lighting of photographs, I look ok.

• haha I'm like that :D I think its because when you take a photo of yourself you look exactly as you want to look (or close enough) :D I know for me when other people take photos I'm like AAAH! and quickly try not to look weird bt if you take a photo of yourself you don't feel pressured to not look like a complete klutz because if you do you can just delete it :P

• get taller friends,they take pictures from below your eye level so you look fat