Do you have to be good looking? Can anyone help me here?

So Last weekend I was at a house party and I didn't know anyone there. People were chugging beer with a beer bong and stuff. I was really lonely and I didn't talk to anyone the whole night except for my friend( I felt so lonely standing alone sometimes!). I wanted to talk to girls but I was to shy and I was scared that they didn't like my appearance(I also didn't know what to talk about). Do those type of ladies care on how guys look ? Do you have to be good looking? If ladies care on how you look is it wrong of them?

Most Helpful Girl

• You will need to introduce yourself to a few people, maybe stand in groups and listen to what they are talking about, join in if you can. It might be a good idea to meet more people before going to house parties so that you have a few more people that you can hang out with when you go to parties. If you stand out people are more likely to approach you so maybe wear a T-shirt with a funny slogan or something that would catch peoples attention. The first times will be more difficult but once you get to know more people to interact with you will start to relax and feel more comfortable and just enjoy yourself. Do you drink? Would you participate in drinking games?

Don't be discouraged, rejection is part of life, its not easy but if you don't just jump in there and give it a try you may end up living with too many regrets. Not all ladies care about looks, attraction is more important in my opinion. Be yourself and make them feel comfortable. Don't over think your appearance, this will make you lose confidence and confidence is attractive. You can talk about what she's drinking, who she knows at the party, maybe make a joke or compliment her on her eyes or smile. You could ask her who she came with. Just try enjoy it, don't have too many expectations and relax a little bit.

• Really really helpful advice, thanks so much!:) I will start memorizing some good general convo topic's so I have a lot to talk about. And yea I do drink and participated in drinking games, where you would drink and flip the cup.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• If you give them the impression that you're happy and confident, it doesn't matter much what you look like. Talk to them like they're supposed to be there to talk to you. Make up some sh*t about the party. It doesn't have to be real. Just something to get the ball rolling. Just don't walk up and go, "Hi I'm _____" because that will bore them. Don't get me wrong, looks help, but I'm sure you've noticed not-so-hot guys with pretty attractive girlfriends. It's about the attitude. And the attitude is all about telling yourself you don't care about rejection and you're just going to talk to people. It gets easier the more people you talk to.

• Thanks so much, I will try step by step.

• No they don't care. They'd care if you were too socially awkward to talk to them though, because talking to someone who clams up is really hard work, and no one wants to work that hard at a party. You're there to relax.

• No they don't care. They'd care if you were to socially awkward to talk to them though, because talking to someone who clams up is really hard work, and no one wants to work that hard at a party. You're there to relax.