What do you think of New Jersey?

I'm from NJ and am wondering if people from other states think NJ is bad and just like jersey shore and housewives of NJ. Because my town and a lot of NJ is nothing like that.

im from north jersey not south...thats the more "guido" area I'm guessing

Most Helpful Girl

• Jersey Shore is the best!

What Guys Said 15

• I have friends from new jersey and although I never thought the people on TV that you mentioned were a good representation of new jersey, seeing how much my friends from new jersey hate those people confirms that not many people from new jersey are like that. I see northern new jersey as being more "new-york-like" and middle and southern new jersey as being more "philly-like" but overly generalizing won't do me any good.

• Thats very true im from nj and central and south are definintly more philly like although i have a jersey accent

• When my mother was in University in Buffalo one of her flatmates told a story of being stopped by a police man for speeding. When the policeman asked him why he was in a hurry the guy answered 'I have to go to New Jersey'. Teh policeman then laughed and said 'I never heard os anybody rushing to get to New Jersey'. This was in the 80's so New Jersey's bad reputation is older than any of those shows.

• Kirsten Dunst and Laura Prepon were born there so I imagine parts of it are or were better than its dismal reputation.

Bruce Springsteen too I think.

• I'm from nj too and I really don't like it lol

California is SO much BETTER!

Going to university is so much more expensive here and house are expensive and gas is expensive

• haha well its the only state I've lived in...so don't really know. cali is awesome but I do like places where the seasons change

• oohhhh...and ya I have a friend from delaware and her friends know she has a friend from nj and I think they are suspecting and trashy guido like jwow hahah

• lol yeah whenever people ask me all I say is the only thing me and the cast of jersey shore have in common is our taste of music lol

• Rude, overly privileged people crowd the wealthy areas.

I think it's where NY goes to sleep.

• thats not always true though...i live in an upper class classy town...nothing like the housewives. id say more preppy=///

• I'm from NJ, too. I would know we're all overly privileged people, because I'm one of them lol

• I've been to Jersey a few times. With the exception of Atlantic City, I think it's lovely.

• It sounds new?

Named after the channel island Jersey?

• I moved from Chicago to North New Jersey. I live on the border between Union and Irvington. I have to say I like Chicago more because it's a lot more things to do, but I feel much safer in New Jersey. I use to live in the really shitty part of Chicago and I've had family and classmates die for no reason at all. New Jersey is kinda boring, but it has decent vibes even in Irvington.

• Fun Fact: Jersey Shore is Not Shot In New Jersey.

• I'm from NJ too. It sucks here, but it's not as interesting as everyone else thinks.

• it doesn't suck=/// ha ha but that's okay if ya think so=] true though its kinda boring

• no I'm from north jersey I live close to where the housewives are from. ridgewood nj DONT COME AND STALK ME. hahah but my familes from the philadelphia area so we're practically like south jersey because we go to ocean city nj and like all the philly teams..

• That's actually really close to me. I guess you've just had a difference experience here than I have, which is understandable.

• a city full of fat chicks

• Everyone always tell me NJ is full of people that are really rude and snappy.

• aww I know its sucks! I'm not rude and snappy=[ and I don't speak with a "jersey" accent I'm educated enough to speak properly haha

• hahah thx your awesome too=D

• The funny thing is it seems like most of the cast of Jersey Shore is from Staten Island, New York. So it might as well be called York Shore. haha

• Thanks to Jersey Shore... pretty trashy and very Italian.

• I've met a lot of nice friendly people from New Jersey, and I have to say it's a lot less annoying than center-of-the-world NYC or stuck-up Boston.

I'm not a big fan of the East Coast in general though. I grew up in California and I kind of have an affinity for the west.

I don't know what it's actually like to live in NJ. I've heard people say it's really polluted, but places like Princeton seem nice. And of course you've got really cheap gas in NJ.

• Hey! Where in north jersey? I have family in Paterson and Clifton!

What Girls Said 6

• Eh it's alright. There are some parts of it that I absolutely hate. Most of what I've visited or driven through in NJ seems pretty bad, actually. In general, it just seems like a state with not much going for it. Other than no taxes and the beaches, haha. But it does have some really nice areas as well. I stayed on the Jersey shore once (not the same one as the show, lol) and it was pretty cool.

• no taxes? I think we have the highest taxes? some towns like newark are really bad but town like glen rock, ridgewood, mountain lakes, franklin lakes, wycoff are really nice family towns...

• camden was voted worst placed to live in with a crime (rape/murder/theft) happening every three seconds -________________-

• No, I meant no sales tax on clothes haha. And yeah, some places in NJ are pretty nice.

• I love New Jersey! It's my favorite vacationing spot, at Ocean City. :) However, as a lot of the people there are tourists, I don't really know how the locals are. And most of the Jersey Shore actors are from New York, only one is actually from New Jersey haha.

• omg I go to ocean city too! ha ha I know I don't know anyway by me like snookie

• no wayy! I love the beach there :) and yeahh I’m from New York and now that I think about it, I know people like Snooki here hahaha

• I love my state no matter what people say. I've lived in Georgia when I was a baby so I don't remember living there, and I lived in Florida when I was ten, it sucked. I've been back to Florida numerous times and I still don't like it, but I love New Jersey. Yes, there are rude people here but you can find rude, obnoxious, and stuck up people anywhere.

• Tbh i live in the more urban or "hood" parts of jersey. But carteret is nothing compared to newark or jersey city

• It's just another state to me.

• they might, but don't feel bad, I live in Kentucky and I'm quite certain that most people think we're all stupid hicks that don't wear shoes :\