When a girl isn't your ideal body type..

So, it seems like every guy out there likes curvy girls.

My boyfriend says he likes thin girls, the model type. (But he's also an ass man.) That made me feel good, because that's basically me except I'm short.

But every other guy in the world seems to like curvy...

I know a pretty face can get you pretty far even if you don't have a guys ideal body type.

I'm 5'3, very thin (not anorexic thin.) with perky A cups. A (very tight but still with some desired jiggle. haha.) big (for my slender body.) bubble butt. I have no hips but long fit legs. Not supermodel long, just a nice longer length for my body. I'm thin but very fit, with a butt. That's a curve I guess, haha.

Anyways, when you have an ideal body type in your head, what do you think of pretty girls that are so much different from it? And exactly how much does personality play a part in your attraction to a that girl? Are guys as picky as I think they are?

Also, do you care more if a girl has your ideal facial features, or your ideal body?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, guy;s aren't as picky as you think they are.

Okay. Everyone has fantasies, and essentially - this is all these curvy girls are to guys. It's like when you were younger, you imagined your life would turn out a certain way - because well, when you're five that's what everyone thinks. But just because you're not this curvy girl that lots of guys envisage themselves as - doesn't mean you're any less attractive to them.

It's like saying the majority of girls would like to date Brad Pitt - but it's never going to happen. It's a nice little idea we have in our head, but we know reality isn't like that.

Doesn't mean it's any better - or any worse.

Just different.

If you're attractive, you're attractive - whether it's in a conventional way or not.

Besides, although we think every guy has this same idea of a 'perfect' woman, they don't expect us to replicate it in reality - and really, everyone likes different things.

And a brilliant personality, can yes, make someone look better.

I know I'm always more physically attracted to a guy once I find out he's a nice, cool, funny, down-to-earth person.

What Guys Said 11

• No, guys are not as picky as you think we are. At least I don't think so. Personality has SO much to do with why a guy is attracted to a girl. To be honest when I think of whether or not a girl is my type, I think of personality before I do looks. It sounds like you have a guy that thinks you're beautiful already, and trust me I'm sure he's not the only one. Whether you're tall, short, skinny, or curvy, work what you have and top the whole thing off with a fun-loving personality and that's all you'll need, I promise.

• It's interesting that about half the women seem to be complaining that all men like is the rail thin runway model, and the other half are complaining that all men like are the curvy women with round butts and big boobs... I don't know who that is more unfair to- women or men? We guys are really not that hard to please. We would love a "perfect" woman, sure, but most of us know we live in the real world. Plenty of times I have been with a woman who is much less than perfect, and wondered to myself how it is that I am crazy about her anyway!

As far as I would be concerned, the height thing would be the only problem, since I really prefer very tall women. (I am 6'4")

The rest of it isn't all that important- show me a dazzling smile and a beautiful, fun personality, and those other issues fade into the background!

• Honestly guys aren't as picky as girls think. Girls don't have to fit our idea of perfection or even come close to it to be attractive or sexy. It's the media that perpetrates that, and other women. And all they accomplish in doing so is mentally damaging the women that we men have to choose from in a way where they are no longer suitable girlfriends due to their insecurities.

You don't have to be perfect to be beautiful or attractive. In order to be girlfriend material, however, you DO have to be mentally stable. And keeping that means not allowing yourself to be victimized by the people pushing these ideals of perfection. And yes, if you allow them to affect you, that's exactly what you're doing; being victimized.

• -Every guy likes different things.

-If she's pretty and different then I have no problem with it because chances are, I would be attracted to her.

-Looks create our first attention, personality takes its toll, when we finally talk to her.

-No, most of us don't care that much, of what body type she has, as long as she is healthy.

-Face is way more important than body.

• A good looking face goes a long way if she doesn't have the ideal body.

Basically, for me, if you are under 150lbs and between 5' and 6' you've got a shot with me. If I've got choices, I prefer shorter girls, because its easier to dance with them, and they are easier to...get into sexual positions. It's hard to hold a 7' girl up against the wall!

If a girl is skinny, I would at least like some muscle. Good calves turn me on. Hit the gym!

However, a body only goes so far. There are many more factors to attraction.

• If I want to take a crap I don't take a bath instead and hope for the best.

Similarly if I want a 5'10 blond girl I don't cavort with 4'3 Malay women. Or if I do my heart may not be in it.

• Sure you can't help who you fall in love with but it depends on how happy they are in the relationship. If he likes one particular thing, let's say big boobs, he could still be happy with someone with small boobs. He also might look at every well endowed woman that walks by too, possibly testing his willpower.

I like curvy women with a large chest. I don't have to find the person who fits the description to a T though. If I'm in love then I rarely notice other women around me because I'm truly happy.

• I think its better for the small breasted girl that you wouldn't date her then. If you prefer a larger chest that much then leave the smaller girl for someone who would appreciate her! Don't put small tits to waste!!

• not interested in shameless self-promoting :)

• I probably wouldn't ever be very attracted to them. The very thin alone is a big turn off for me. It's a 70-30 or 60-40 split. Higher number being personality.

• Your words are deceiving. lol I wouldn't consider you very thin.

• why thank you! although I didn't post this question for compliments (believe it or don't, it doesn't matter.) I do appreciate it because I'm very hard on myself haha.

• I like ass, then hips, then legs. So I figured I'd compliment then.

• Guys are almost certainly not as picky as you think they are. You're body sounds pretty nice. My ideal would be your size but with bigger boobs. But even without, it sounds pretty good.

• if you werent dating your boyfriend. id want u

What Girls Said 3

• As I'm not a guy, I may not be the best person to answer this. But I'm going to say that you're hot and as long as you have a decent personality and are a nice girl, I don't foresee you having any issues with guys.

• Boys like girls, even if you don't fit his "fantasy features" you're still fully capable of knocking him dead regardless :)

• There are curvy tall girls, thin tall girls, curvy short girls, thin short girls. And everything in between and beyond. There is someone for everyone. The one that likes you will be with you. The End