Sexy office clothes, is it possible?

What can / can't you get away with?

How do you dress at the office?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• No. When you are working, don't dress to be sexy. Save that for the nights and weekends. If you want to be taken seriously in the business world you have to dress like it. Skirts should go to the knees, and shirts should not reveal much at all. Conservative is the way to go. Here's some basic starter tips, link there's a lot more you can find on the internet too. The way you present yourself in the workplace has a huge affect on advancement opportunities.

• its not really about dressing sexy in an office. its about looking stylish that MAKES you look sexy. if you dress sexy then that gets distracting to everybody, but if you dress stylish you're exuding sexiness.

• I go with the tightest shorts possible with a bowling shirt. How can anyone say no to charlie sheen?

• Actually, it depends on exactly what your job is at the office. I worked in this office once where one of the secretaries was pretty hot and had just tremendous breasts. She also tended to wear skirts with heels a lot and had a super sexy walk. Nothing she did was inappropriate, but she really know how to work it. The best was stopping by her desk to chat because from a standing position the view down her shirt was incredible. I don't work there anymore, and I don't miss that job, but man do I miss her!

• are you trying to f*** the boss or what? The cost of sexual harassment lawsuits are so expensive most corporate offices won't allow much.

• sexy biotches at work are just distracting. I just think about f***ing them rather than what I'm working on. Plus most people in the office won't take you seriously and think that you're using sex to get ahead. Women will be jealous and hate on you and the guys will just want to f*** you and treat you with less respect. Go classy and professional. Leave sexy outside the workplace unless of course you work in the sex industry.

What Girls Said 3

• In the office you can't get away with things that are overtly sexual or slutty, but have to make whatever is showing seem accidental.

Sometimes a little bit showing can do the trick, slightly tight top/tight pants or skirt. Your skirt can't be shorter than mid-thigh unless you're wearing stockings! I have been sent home.

• thanks! do you have any examples?

• I'm a law student and do a lot of presentations/legal crap in general and I'll wear a nice tailored suit (pants/knee length skirt, blouse & blazer), but won't aim for "sexy office clothes". I want the people around me to take me seriously and listen to what I have to say/what I can do - I don't want them to be thinking "sh*t, she got a nice rack/ass/legs" when I'm aiming to be respected.

"Sexy dressing" can be inappropriate, and it's unfair on yourself and the men around you. I think 70% of sexual harassment suits are due to this kinda behaviour.

Dress sexier on the weekends, imo. Workplace is for work.

• Dressing sexy for a professional job may be something you can "get away with" but chances are if you are looking to make a career there you will always be looked over for promotions and raises. It causes people to take you less seriously and lose respect for you. It also looks immature.