What do you think of older sisters dressing their younger brother as a girl?

By that I mean a group of sisters who have a younger brother about toddler age that they like to dress up in girl's clothes, heels and makeup. Is this cute or could it damage the boy later on as he gets older? Is it an affront to his masculinity or not a big deal? Should the parents allow it or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• My sisters never did that to me, but I still turned out this way, aha. I'm not sure what you really mean by "damaged", though. Is it so important that a man acts masculine? I'm close with my family, have a lot of friends, I've been in many healthy relationships with both guys and girls, and I'm doing well on my University course, would you class me as a damaged individual? Is it so wrong to like guys and dress feminine? Am I really in need of fixing?

• No you're definitely not in need of fixing. Society just feels comfortable having many people around them that act just like they do as a lame self-justification for their actions. Whenever there is somebody that exists outside that circle they turn to criticism and ridicule.

I've never dressed feminine but I've always been pegged as metrosexual.. people just love their labels.

What Guys Said 4

• I think whether it's an issue or not depends on whether he consents to it. If he's up for being dressed like a girl, then whatever. If he isn't, then don't do it.

• never happened to me but I believe it would have potential to being life damaging. I think that's how straights go gays...

• lol how is that possible? You can't "turn" gay... I have gay friends and their whole lives they couldn't picture themselves with a woman and there is nothing wrong with it either.

• I think that this is wrong. Never force someone of either gender to do something at that age group.

• any girl who does this, is a bitch

What Girls Said 3

• I used to dress up my older brother when he was 7, I was 4. He's now married and on his way to kids. He's a healthy and mentally stable man. I say it's just a fun way to express themselves. Although, if there are other metal issues it could mislead the boy (kind of a Silence of the Lambs type thing) I guess.

• i think its weird.

• i didn't dress my brother but I made him play girl roles all the time I was princess he was my female maid I was that mean back when I was a kid

• it didn't affect his life.. he's more masculine than ever lol