Name your favorite painters please!

I like Dali and Vermeer personally. I despise Beksinski. What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Faves are Seurat and Cezanne. Cezanne mixes impressionism and cubism so creatively, and his use of colours is beautiful. & the patience and detail that Seurat puts in his work is just phenomenal.

Oh, and Matisse. He's just a cool cat. Frank Auerbach, too. Eh, I could keep going. It's too hard to choose because each movement was so goddamn different.

What Girls Said 8

• There are few painters I dislike.

I love Marmottan, Degas, Dali, Sisley, Will Cotton, Shawn Barber, I used to like Jenny Seville... but she grew off me lol.

I also really like Adrian Ghenie, Jurick, and Hernan Bas (from my hometown, and I got to meet him!)

• Dali is definitely my favorite.

Not only because of his art (my favorite: link ), but because of this:

link

"Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure - that of being Salvador Dali."

What a dude.

• awesome :D

• Thanks for BA :) Although that's not saying much, because I'm the only answerer so far...

By the way, why do you despise Beksinski?

• he's f***ing demented! He takes the darkest, most grim visions and merrily commits them to canvas for posterity. At least he did until he got stabbed to death for refusing a loan.

• Monet is my favorite but I really love Van Gogh and Chuck Close as well.

• Andrew Wyeth, a great American painter, is my fav. I love the Helga paintings. And of course I love Monet because of the water lilies. I could look at them all day.

• Van Gogh and Klimt especially! Art is amazing!

• Jack Vettriano is my love.

Otto Dix is weird and disturbing - love him.

Alex Pardee

• I like James Rizzi!

Not really the kinda painter you were talking about, but still a great artist.

• VERMEER and Degas

What Guys Said 3

• winston smith

ron english

• Nicolas de Stael and Georges Braque.

• Alex Grey