Big athlete = tomboy?

Okay so I play basketball and I love it alot, but I think it effects my style and makes me feel like a dude. I wouldn't say I'm a tomboy because I like to do my hair and make up and all that stuff just not every day. I'm a jeans athletic shorts and t shirt type of girl for the most part. And I wear my hair up alot. I don't look like a guy or anything like that though and I'm in great shape , but I haven't had a lot of boyfriends either unless they played basketball too.. All my friends are super girlie and over the top and I'm just simple lol. Is that a problem? An how do I appear more girlie but still be myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, I don't play basketball, but I use to play football (not anymore) but I was still girlie with my hair and stuff. Like now I go running and keep fit, it doesn't make you anyless of a women, so don't worry and be yourself. You don't want to change yourself and you don't want to overdo it. Maybe your friends are girly, but do you seriously want to be like them and not yourself? I think your still girly, but maybe not all the time. Same for me, I have a lot of styles but I'm still orginal and 100% authentic.

What Guys Said 3

• Girliest people I've ever met are all mad into sports, I dunno. The girlie girl stereotype is a girl with absolutely no hobbies, LOL. So you could be a girlie girl, but adding deviations - such as a hobby - will bring you as an entire person away from the stereotype. So I don't think it necessarily makes you a tomboy - it drags you outwards on the scale, rather than straight down the spectrum, right?

• As long as you're attractive, guys are going to like you. And if you aren't attractive, it's not like you're going to be losing any ground by playing sports, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• To me personally you wouldn't be my type, but I know a lot of guys on here love that stuff.

What Girls Said 2

• No. I'm a girlie girl but I'm an athlete. Just put your hair down, instead of tying it up all the time. Wear girlyer clothes, :)

• Well first of all there is NO problem to be simple,simple can be really good too!.I see girls all the time who play sports who are girly,maybe you should put you hair up in a cool way and when your not doing practice,maybe dress up and put makeup on if you want to be girly.Just be yourself and don't be someone else.Also use pink socks or any hello kitty socks to make you look more feminine on the field.You don't have to be super girlie though,I personally recommend being simple with youself to make you more comfortable.