Who is your favorite band of the "Big Four of Thrash"?

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, or Anthrax? Why are they your favorite?

Also, which of the bands do you think DO NOT belong in the Big Four, and who should replace them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Metallica. I grew up listening to them, so they are ingrained in my music favourites.

What Guys Said 5

• slayer is the best.

not really a fan of the other three so it doesn't matter to me.

• Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer are my favorites. I don't listen to a ton of Anthrax, but I listen to the other 3 regularly.

• It's really sad.. Anthrax was pretty good at one time. I saw them when they opened for Judas Priest a few years ago and they were terrible.

• Yeah, I'm just joking around lol. I'm kind of a jerk :)

• That's fine, now that I know. lol. Like I said, I like to "actively discuss" music with my friends. I usually end up turning it into a debate, and I usually win, either because I give more reasons why my opinion is correct... or the other person gets annoyed and gives up. It's really funny sometimes.

• Metallica! I love Anthrax, but they're not from the bay area, so Exodus should replace them.

• I dislike them all

• Nope, that's the big four. MetallicA is the best. Slayer is the most true to their roots.

• I also prefer The Sound of White Noise over most of Anthrax's early stuff. Best vocals on that album.

Best MetallicA album is Justice and best Megadeth album is Peace Sells.

What Girls Said 4

• I like Slayer the most out of those four. I'm not a big fan of Megadeth, and I really only like Metallica pre-Black album. But most Anthrax is good. =] I kind of want to replace Megadeth with GWAR, just because they're more my style, even if they are a bit more 'crossover'.

• slayer! metallica is cool,but slayer is better. I don't think they should be replaced,the 4 works just fine,don't fix it if it isn't broken

• not a huge fan. but out of them slayer

• Slayer, I'm cool with all four.