Why do guys try to make ugly women feel attractive?

I kind of resent when a guy acts like I am gorgeous, because I know the only reason he wants me is because he doesn't stand a chance with the girls who are really gorgeous. I'd rather a guy be blunt: "I'm kinda ugly, you're kinda ugly ... lets try to make this work." Pretending that I'm attractive makes me resent that he gets to enjoy feeling attraction while I don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does a shepherd look after his sheep. Show me what you look like and I'll be brutally honest. If you dare.

• Why does a shepard look after his sheep? Without them, he'd have nothing?

• Ha, ha. I think he'd be more likely to get it if we could both admit how unattractive we find each other and wish we could do better!

• SHOW ME I'M SO INTRUIGED

What Guys Said 4

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

some people like fat, skinny, pale, tan, tall, short, plain, exotic, etc...

Don't chase the guys away that say things like this. They are just think this is what you want to hear and are trying to make you happy.

• It's like, "I think you're ugly ... Please don't make this even harder by being eager too..."

• guys like women. And there arre no ugly women. You need to look at yourself differently

• Guys like sex with whoever. Guys love beautiful women.

• all women have SOMETHING appealing/attractive to them...

• Cause these guys are nice. Having a woman feel attractive makes them accepted. Rejection hurts, literally. It sparks the same neuro-formations that physical pain causes.

Why do physically attractive chicks think they are superior when they did nothing to deserve it? Get out garbage.

• That made me laugh, props. I'm sure it's like that in some cases, but how do you know that someone that you get with doesn't truly find you beautiful regardless of what you think?

• He find you beautiful because he can't get the hotter chicks. End of story.

• I'd rather date a guy who found me equally unattractive as I found him than one who only thinks I'm attractive because he's sleeping with someone even less attractive is all I'm saying.

• That doesn't make sense. I think I get what your saying though.

What Girls Said 4

• ingenuine compliments kill me. I feel you on this outlook but the chances of it ever playing out like this are slim, because many girls are willing to believe any kind of praise and recoil from brutal honesty about their looks.

• just because YOU don't believe the compliment can possibly be genuine, doesn't really prove anything.

• I think your attitude is way too negative. Maybe you're not the hottest chick - not even to the guy who is hitting on you - but it doesn't mean he thinks you're ugly.

• This is a GREAT perspective! I really love this idea and agree!

• 1. You're not really ugly, you just have such a low self image that you think you being ugly is true and that there is no way a guy could be attracted to you because of your "ugliness" when in all actuality, there are things attractive about you that a guy is responding to.

2. He's trying to get laid. A guy has more success when he compliments a woman and makes her feel good if he just was blatantly rude and was like "yeah you're ugly but gimme some p**** anyway" lol that' wouldn't work.

Either way, if you feel this way about yourself maybe you shouldn't be dealing with guys. There is no reason why you should live life thinking so poorly of yourself.