Hair gets greasy quickly - any tips?

recently my hair (fine, medium, wavy) gets greasy a few days after washing (it used to be 1 wash every week) why is this? should I stop using moisturizing conditioner?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try showering more often. The people around you will appreciate it.

• I do, but with a shower cap so I don't have to wash my hair

• it's bad to wash hair too often

• You'll be fine washing it once a day.

What Girls Said 9

• Conditioner makes your hair flatter and thinner, so it gets nearer to your scalp and greases up quicker. Don't use conditioner every time you wash your hair (with your hair type (fine) - you shouldn't)...

And don't wash often. Wash it every 3 days (or every other day at the MOST - even though I don't recommend it). More often you wash, more your scalp dries out and hence produces more oil. . . basically, think logically.

• I hate washing my hair cause it takes so long to dry and straighten. Also sometimes there just isn't time. Use less conditioner. There are products called dry shampoo that usually come as a spray and absord oil. I recently got "hair powder" from bumble and bumble, they make it in different shades to match your hair because some of the untinted dry shampoos make your hair look greyish. I have the brown one and it works great! If you are cheap baby powder also absorbs oil but it's hard to use.

• 1 wash a week, really ? My hair usually stays soft and volumed for about a day (I shower and wash it every night). Try washing it more frequently, and stay away from moisturizing conditioner. I've always had a problem with conditioner because it makes my hair flat. Just try a normal shampoo instead.

• Cream based products shouldn't be used at the scalp, that's purely for the ends. So if you have short hair, I'd skip conditioning and use it only once or twice a week

• it means you aren't scrubbing your scalp enough in between washes.

• My hair gets greasy after a day, So I wash it everyday.

• 1 wash a week? o_o My hair gets oily after a mere 24 hours. Especially in the summer.

Yeah, try washing more often and using less conditioner.

• aha cool...thanks will try that. I'm a novice when it comes to conditioner. never used to use it until the hair dresser recommended it after my hair turned to hay.

• wait, the fact I use 2 in 1 shampoo followed by conditioner, does that make it worse do you think? sorry to bug.

• Ohhh, yeah, that probably does make it worse. 2 in 1 already has conditioner, so I don't think you'd need much more :P

• baby powder. it does a great job of keeping it non greasy... :P

• maybe it's the weather and you're sweating a lot

• if anything it's gotten colder recently

What Guys Said 1

• I wash my hair every day, dude. It's supposedly bad to shampoo it every day, washing it every day is just good hygiene.

• but it is long-ish...seems to get greasier faster if I rinse it.

• Incidentally, process of elimination is a wonderful thing.

• fine I'll bic my head and live a 'poo free life with a chrome dome for all the birds to see.