Is it usual for a boyfriend to encourage you to dress more revealingly?

...Not just for him, like even in public.

Just see more stuff where guys all want a sweet girlfriend that dresses pretty normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny to ask my grandfather would be 90 something now, but passed away a long time ago wanted my grandmother to wear shorts to show her legs he used to say what is pretty is to show, I found that very modern...as my dad 54 now is very conservative he doesn't let my mom wear white jeans and clevages and I hate that...i think is very insecure about him and possesive also...

So yes its unsual

• Your grandfather sounds like he was a really sweet man

Thanks for the reply :)

• Yeah he was one of those guys that everyone wanted to have around and very modern for his time...

Thanks for the best answer :)

What Guys Said 4

• I don't usually give girlfriends advice on their style. If they want to cover up I'm sure she has her reasons and if she wants to show a bit of skin it's the same thing. There's one exception though. One girlfriend had beautiful long toned legs and she always wore black tights which I f*cking hate so I said she should let those legs out and she did. And the villagers rejoiced.

• Haha nice example :P and it's been duly noted that black tights are not the thing to be worn.

Thanks for the reply

• weird

• sweet

• ur eye candy. its a status thing for him. and for all guys really, the hotter the girl. the more revealing he wants you to be. that's how we work

What Girls Said 3

• my boyfriend used to compliment me when I wore things he liked, but he never really encouraged me to dress a different way. in private it was a different story.

• Probably not. The only guy I've dated who wanted me to do that was the biggest jerk I've ever dated.

• No. most guys are the opposite tbh