What is the difference between hot and cute?

when I get a compliment from a girl they usually say you're hot rather then cute, and I see some guys being complimented as 'you're cute'. I been complimented as a cute but only once or twice. girls usually tell me that I'm hot. which is better? and what does it mean if they say you're cute rather then hot?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the difference is the person that says it. When someone says "you're hot" it reflects that that person is confident and very forward/aggressive. When someone says "you're cute" it means that she might like you and thinks your attractive. Both mean the same thing hot is more sexual but cute pretty much means the same thing. Personally I'd feel like a creep if I told a guy "You're really hot". Cute is the safer, tamer version and it's less sexual and more like and "I like you a lot" type thing for a relationship. Whereas the "You're hot" is more like a one night stand hookup kinda thing.

What Girls Said 2

• in my opinion, 'hot' refers to purely looks whereas 'cute' refers to mainly behavior. personality is more important to me, so I think being called 'cute' is really awesome. but that's just me.

• Hot - usaully means nice body, nice "Outsiders"(body & face...)

Cute - nice face, nice on the inside (:

What Guys Said 3

• It means the same thing, that you are attractive. The difference is the person that said it, her confidence level, wether she is insecure or not. Some girls don't want to say hot or sexy because guys might think they are sluts or something.

• As a guy. Hot gets women's attention. Cute gets nothing.

• i alsways considered hot to be just a physical thing while cute is physical and personality