Trying to become attractive!

Okay, I don't normally think of myself as a girl with low self esteem, but I have recently come to terms with me not being very attractive. I was pretty last year, but since then I've gained some weight and my face has started breaking out. See, I've always had a not-very-impressive figure, but my pretty face used to be enough to make up for it. Now I don't have that anymore, so I decided I need to do what I can to fix myself. I want my future boyfriend to be proud of me, and to show me off to his friends like "aren't I lucky."

So my question is, what are some steps I can take to help out my appearance? I planned to do some running three times a week, and I talked to my parents about going to a dermatologist for my face. What else could I do? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, don't fall into the trap of believing the media portrayals of beauty. Most guys aren't so shallow as to want you to be a super model or completely blemish free. No one is perfect, and you certainly shouldn't let your self esteem suffer over your looks. If you want to take better care of yourself, great! I personally like long walks through the city. Also, a dermatologist can help you keep any breakouts you have under control. Anything beyond that though I would personally consider going overboard. You sound like you're in decently good health and you're happy with how you look, blemishes aside. So, look into treating the blemishes, but don't become consumed by it. I have never once been 'grossed out' by a pimple, everyone gets them, and I have never known any of my friends to freak out over looks. Its more important that you're kind, genuine, and sincere. I'm glad to hear you're taking care of yourself, and you're on the right track, just don't let it consume you. You're more than your looks, remember that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0