What do you wear to an interview at Hot Topic?

I have an interview at Hot Topic tomorrow and I'm not sure what to wear. Most of the people I see working at the store are wearing Hot Topic-like clothing, but I've always felt that interviews command a more business-like style of dress, no matter where you're applying.

When I worked at Hollister, my manager would routinely refuse to interview anyone who came to the interview dressed in non-professional clothes, even if they dressed in the typical Hollister style.

Should I play it safe and dress professionally?

Most Helpful Guy

• I say play it safe and dress professionally. There used to be this business show on I used to watch where people would look for investments from these business people, they'd have to do an interview and all that good stuff, I remember there was one guy who refused to take anyone seriously unless they were dressed professionally. I think being dressed professionally makes an impression that you're serious about what you do, no matter what that may be. I think it leaves a good imprint on a potential employers mind too, that's just my opinion :)

What Guys Said 2

• Something tells me it helps if you wear clothes with the name of a band you've never listened to written across them.

• I've worked retail before, and managers refused to interview anyone wearing non-professional clothes. Even if you came in wearing clothes from the store, you were turned away without an interview. Do you think Hot Topic would do the same?

• Thanks for saying "many of the people" and not "all of the people". I buy band tees at Hot Topic, but only if I really love the band. And thanks for the advice.

• Thanks for being an exception, gives me hope.

• did you get the job?

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly, I would say to dress in a way that fit with the style that Hot Topic has. You could play it safe and dress professionally if you wanted to. I think it's key to dress for the job that you want. When I interviewed at abercrombie, I dressed up in whatever what was in season at the time and I got the job while the other three girls that dressed up professionally did not get the job.

• hot topic? dress like a vampire,don't forget the nerd glasses

• Nice clothes

• nice pants and a nice top