Is it better to stay a cutie or become a hottie?

When I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, have no makeup on, and leave my hair in it's natural wavy state, guys tell me I'm cute and natural. I like this because it's low maintenance and I feel like guys can take me seriously, potentially as girlfriend material.

When I'm wearing a low cut top and a mini skirt, have some makeup on (I never go overboard), and straighten my hair, guys tell me I'm hot and sexy. I like this because getting attention from guys and knowing they find me attractive is really nice and boosts my self-esteem. However, I know they probably only want me for sex, and I'm not the hooking up kind of girl. Also, looking hot takes a time investment of about an hour.

Which is better for the every day, cute or hot? Which girl are you more likely to approach for her number? Which girl are you more likely to fantasize about at night? And is it better to be the girl whose number you want or the girl you fantasize about?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like your take on explaining the difference between the two. I would find the cute you sexier actually but that's just me. I mean you can look hot but you can still do it in casual clothes. Guys actually prefer a girl who just dresses casually. My friends agree totally. Make up is totally fine just not when its caked on like 2 inches thick and melts under the light. So at night id fantisize about the cute you in casual dress but id go for the sophisticated (not the office type cos that's just boring) dressed girls when I want to get a number. Hope this helps =)

What Guys Said 11

• You say you like looking hot because then you know guys find you attractive. But uh, when you look cute, you still look attractive. Definitely go for cute over hot. I'd much rather be with someone who's cute rather than someone who's hot.

Cute is better for the every day. I'm more likely to approach a cute girl, because she'd look more friendly and, well, approachable :P. I'm more likely to fantasize about the hot girl, because I wouldn't want to tarnish that beautiful, innocent cute girl I'd love to have as a girlfriend. No question, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better to be the girl whose number you want than to be the girl you fantasize about.

• Depends if you want fast sex or not.

Sexy=one night stands and such

Casual=still attractive but more girlfriend material, although you may not get the exact style of guy you want hitting on you all the time.

• Depends on what you're looking for. Go for hot if you want guys to have sex with you, go for cute if you want guys to see you as relationship material.

By the way, the girl you approach for her number is the exact same as the one you fantasize about at night. When guys approach you they only have your looks to gauge you on. Realize this and accept this. You'd make the world a better place by doing so

• Cute is better by far.

• Depends what you want.

If you want guys to take you seriously then I would stick with cute.

My personal preference is I'd rather have a cute girl over a hot girl any day

• i would say stay cute,

• stay a cutie. you last longer.

• doesnt matter, different guys like different looks for diff. times of the day. just depends on the guy you're attracted to

• what about a hybrid?

• How do I become a hybrid?

• say not super dolled up, but not really casual. i.e. sexy casual clothes...subtle make-up.

just suggesting a different idea, I actually love the cute girls! do whatever makes you feel best about yourself. I'm sure you can pull off both ways.

• cute all the way

hot girls are just fantasy and most guys don't ever approach them

• Cute for the win!

What Girls Said 1