Why do females tell me I look gorgeous, and what does it mean for a guy?

Its really annoying and makes me feel like a sissy so why do they say it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Handsome is commonly a compliment for a guy in the same way that beautiful is comminly a compliment for a girl. Goregous is kinda unisex I guess.

I call my boyfriend gorgeous all the time and he doesn't complain. Just accept it because its not a "sissy" compliment at all.

• Ever heard the song 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'?

For me Gorgeous is the highest possible level of attractiveness I can call someone. It's pretty gender neutral anyway.

• They probably say it because they think you look good. Don't be annoyed by it, it's simply a compliment.

• it doesn't mean anything bad. just that you're good looking.

• It is more like you are good looking thinggy thing.No big deal.Girls' language.

• it means you're cute, what's there to hate about it?

• lol sometimes id call a guy pretty or beautiful just for the fun of it,so that they feel gay or something and in most cases it worked! lol

What Guys Said 3

• Calm down. It means the same thing for a guy that it means for a girl..."you are good-looking". Likewise with "cute" and "hot", also popular word choices that women AND men use to describe one another. It's nothing to be offended by. It's a compliment.

• what's wrong with being a sissy? :'-0

• it's a trap!

• I always took as a way they say a man looks effeminate or has female qualities.

I would be wary of it being their ploy to lure you into as "one of the girls".

that's why gay guys always call people gorgeous.

handsome is a better word IMO