How do I get guys to notice me? (desperate high school romantic... oh how unique)

I'm insecure and shy, but I think I /might/ be physically attractive. I know that is subjective though, of course. I'm 5'8.5', naturally blond, blue eyed, but have pasty pale skin and am 137 pounds. I am enrolled in challenging courses such as AP classes and am genuinely intelligent... I smile, try to talk to guys myself, and they smile back at me. But, it never gets further than this. They always end up going to ask some other girl to prom, getting into relationships with other girls (almost always brunettes), etc. etc. It's really depressing to me because I am a huge romantic and I've never touched, kissed, or gone out with a boy in my life. I'm a junior in high school. I know I am still young and their might be more of a chance for me to develop a meaningful relationship in university, but it's so hard to limit any romantic interactions with anyone to my dreams whilst hoping for the best in the uncertain future. If anyone could give me any advice on how to increase my chances of having a relationship, I would appreciate it so much! o___o

Thank you all! I will try to put myself out there a little more. =]

Most Helpful Guy

• All that generally comes with having an insecure and shy personality sweetie. But there certainly isn't anything wrong with being a little shy. Sometimes guys like that! Put yourself out there and try to meet new people. Casually talk, say hello, be consistent with people on a daily basis. You'll never make progress without making yourself vulnerable. It's a little scary knowing that you could be rejected but it happens to everyone:)

You're a cute girl, you seem intelligent, and interesting so I wouldn't have any doubts that you'll be fine in the end!

What Guys Said 2

• Well, if I lived in the states it wouldn't be a problem...

• It really is about the attitude, just the other day my sister showed me a pic of her friend who was looking to meet someone, although she was physically attractive, in the picture she looked very sad. It made her unattractive. Intelligence in a woman is always a plus, so just try to put yourself out there more. I know a lot of people believe the man should always be the one to suggest a date, but I find nothing wrong with the female asking, I would feel flattered myself. Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• Just keep being yourself and find a way to boost your confidence. Maybe try styling your hair different or wearing a really cute/attention getting outfit randomly. Lol idk, but when I was in H.S, I had a similar problem, like I never got asked out and that stuff, but then my friend got a boyfriend and he set me up on a double date with them and his friend and we dated for a little bit...it really boosted my confidence and I think that is the most attractive thing anyone can have, because now I have a lot better luck with men lol

• Self confidence is the clue just don't pay too much attention to everybody ,and don't try to be so nice , especially don't try to get a guy ask you out,be yourself hang out with special girls not losers,do a lot of activities,go out have fun no matter if there is no boy involved you can be so happy and without a boyfriend, and that makes them want u,because you look confident and not needy,u will be attractive,and representing chasefor boys not that so nice girl who is always alone or with losers or talk in low voice No body will pay attention to u