Honestly: How high do looks rank in a potential girlfriend?

Guys, How important are looks when you're considering a potential girlfriend - honestly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very important to me. I'm not sure how I would ultimately rank personality and looks against each other, quite honestly they're both very important. I'm not ashamed of saying I value looks, only a fool denies what is the natural order of things. What I will say though, is that it's what's pretty to me. I don't necessarily value conventional beauty. In fact, a lot of women who are conventional seem quite bland looking to me. So a girl what the great mass may consider quite average I may consider to be exceptionally attractive. Additionally, I look for in a life partner prettiness rather than necessarily 'hotness'.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on how long I've known her. Looks are only the sales pitch to get you to give her a test drive before you decide on purchasing. But if you've known her long enough to get a good feel for her personality as a friend first, then looks really don't matter much anymore.

• Test drive? Women think that you bought them even if you just took them for a little spin... If only it was as easy as car shopping.

• Important initially. All of us want an attractive partner. Personality is very important -- a great personality can make you look better to your partner. I will put it another way -- in college, I had 2 dates with a girl who was drop dead gorgeous, but her personality sucked. I ended up not being attracted to her at all.

• its not as important as society, movies play it to be. id like to be somewhat attracted to her but she more importantly has to be funny, down to earth, and easy to talk to. but looks def. aren't everything...but somewhat important.

• Pretty important. Second only to personality. There I said it.

• looks aren't the priority for me , attitude is really important, having things in common is enough for me ~ I mean if she likes the way I think , the music I listen , likes me for who I am , always there to listen to me I wouldn't care bout her looks . I have to say that looks are a little important though , not so hot , but not ugly eaither , bout average is fine for me :)

What Girls Said 2

• I think its looks first, and then if she meets the standards of attractiveness, he filters her out by personality traits.

• honestly? very important despite what they say