Why do girls seem to be obsessed about 'having the right look'?

Girls always seem to find something they don't like about themselves weather it be weight related, scars or a bone that needs to be shifted in a way.

Is it really so hard to love yourself the way you are?

To be honest I'm Chubby and there are things about me that people have pointed out to be unattractive but I love all those about me and I must admit that I would be a little afraid to lose them.

Most Helpful Guy

• B/C we live in a system that doesn't teach people how to be happy with themselves

What Guys Said 3

• Girls are their harshest critics when it comes to their look, many focus on some insignificant details and get so anxious about what guys are going to think about them, guys don't even notice most of the time (we're even impervious to something as obvious as a new hair cut sometimes!)

Girls that know how to relax, like themselves from head to toes and are just happy in general are the sexiest and a big turn on for me, and I'd guess for most guys!

• I agree with you, so what if you're a bit chubby, or have a big nose, or your teeth don't match your face. All of that makes you unique.

I wish I was unique, but I'm just too damn sexy.. Wait, that is unique!

• Guys are very attracted to what they SEE. That's why women put on makeup and obsess over their looks.

Girls are attracted visually to a lesser extent and by what they hear to a greater extent. That's why many guys lie! (not this one, of course.) :-)

What Girls Said 4

• yeah I'm sure I shouldn't love myself as much as I do, but f*** it man I'm stunning and can't stop loving myself...if you, don't no-one will, there's nothing sexier than someone comfortable in their own skin.

having the "right" look you grow out of when you realize all fashions and trends go 'round in a big circle every few years, so I agree with your train of thought. whys IS it so hard especially for young people to love themselves without finding fault with everything physical? (I blame madonna & internet p*rn).

as an individual, you're an original model, no-one else has the same looks, shape etc (twins and close family aside), embrace it. the alternative is to rubbish yourself and worship other (plain looking) people as the ideal, it'd be a boring world if we all aspired to be the same.

• There are only three things on me that bother me, but there are a thousand things I love about me. I don't think anything on me is dramatic enough to change; why get the right look if you've got a look like mine :)

• Impressing guys! The best looking girls never get duped, played or hurt as much as the ones who don't look as good. Because guys want to hang on to the stunners.

• How many guys have you explicitly asked to be ensured of your opinion?

• The so called 'hot ones' are played just as much as the rest of us they get dumped, cheated on etc etc

• I think girls can be pretty competitive. If they look right, they can get the guy, the job, the fun time. I really don't care. I'm not walking around with greasy hair and dirty clothes, but for example, if me and my girlfriends are going out dancing at our local bar (not an upscale nightclub) then I'm cool rocking a pair of jeans and a tank top. I don't wear makeup all summer long, and I get fat in the winter (but lose it in the summer). My gfs dress up to the nines no matter what. And freak if a guy sees them in regular clothes and hair. I don't get it. I wouldn't want to be with a guy wearing a suit 24/7. ya know? Don't worry about other girls. Just do you.