Goths and emos. What's your opinion?

Goths and emos. What do you think abut them?

Hot, scary or freaks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm. I dunno. They're not all the same, and Goth and Emo have absolutely no relationship. Emo is Hardcore Punk meets Glam with influence from Gothic Film, whereas Goth is like, I dunno, Joy Division fans who take influence from Gothic Architecture. Totally different scene, mannn. Goths are usually in their 30s, now, hahha. Here anyway. That was an 80s thing...

I'd say Emos tend to be Hot here, especially boys. =] F***k.

They can't be scary. I mean, wee skinny boy dripping with eyeliner and in converse, trying to put the moves of fear on? Hahaha. They're not overexuberant enough to be scary in that Vampire Transvestite way, and they can't really be freaks, they dress very unobstinately and keep themselves to themselves for the most part, right?

You get a lot who are quite Americanised though.

What Guys Said 11

• I feel like those two words command a pretty negative connotation. If you mean by style, then I would say some hipster style is pretty attractive if its pulled off by the right girl.

• I'm indifferent. I've met some really cool goth/emos whatever you want to call it people lol. They were more or less just into the style.

• They're scary if they have like, loads of piercings and stuff, aha. I must say I kinda find emo guys fairly hot though, so long as emo is just their fashion sense, and they don't actually act really depressed all the time,.=P

• Losers just trying to get the attention their parents never gave them.

• ive found the guys to be weird..but some of the girls are surprisingly hot lol.

• i don't know about goth but I wanna f*** a emo chick, just sayin...

• They're the same , they annoy the f*** outa me

• They can be any of those. lol

• they are a huge turn on for me

• Neither.

• I find the goth/metal look very, very hot in girls- providing they like decent metal bands ;-)

emo girls generally look too juvenile, over-done and always have bad music tastes.

What Girls Said 9

• In general, people who need to identify with a 'group' to tell them who they are. They're just like anyone else: Hot, scary, annoying, intelligent, idiotic, sweet and caring, etc etc. As far as subcultures go, they're pretty drastically different. The only real common link is a small amount of fashion crossover and both being considered 'alternative', lol. One could probably call my style any number of different things, on any given day, if they were the kind of person who needs to put a name on something in order to have it make sense.

I say just like what you like and don't worry about what it should be called. People will always try to simplify things so that they can understand them, and that includes stereotyping and lumping people together, but I think the simplest way is just taking things as they are.

• It can go either way.

Hot-- link

link

Scary-- link

link

As long someone is nice, decent, and chill, I don't care what their style is.

• idiots! but that's what I think of everyone,i think everyone is idiotic so whatevs,i don't care if the idiots wear black or yellow-they're still idiots

• They can be any of those. Same as everyone else. It's not about how people dress/etc, it's about how they act and behave.

I think heaps are hot though. Esp with full on sleeves/chest tattoos.

That being said, the terms are used so loosely that I don't even know if we consider the same guys/girls to be emo/goth, anyway.

• Goths are generally too hot! x) (love it)

Emos put me off...

• they are normal like everyone else. I think they are pretty awesome

• Labels are for soup cans!

• scary in a hot way

• The ones that actually bathe/wash their hair? H-O-T! Same for hippies:)