Would one style of cooking kill you?

I am 100% Italian and I can only cook Italian food. All my life I grew up around homemade pasta, homemade meatballs, and Italian wine. I started dating a guy who is hispanic and he says he can;t stand Italian food. His family came over for dinner the other night and his father told me "You need to take cooking lesson...my son has grown up around mexican food and not your Italian food. My wife could teach you" and my boyfriend said "I can't imagine eating that all the time..."

Is this really that big of a deal? I am kind of pissed off and I wanna let them know it...should I just take lesson and let his mother show me how to cook?

I should add that his family is very proud and he treats women like slaves...

Most Helpful Girl

• that's sort of mean that they treat women like that. I say some times just buy home made easy ready to make food for him.

for example I am Asian and I grew up only eating Asian food, my husband is Irish and he likes pizza and burgers. Some times we buy already made pizza and burgers that's simple to make. Other times, I make Asian cuisine.

What Guys Said 1

• Wow... That's really rude. My whole family loves eating Italian food and we all grew up eating Vietnamese food. As for taking a lesson from his mother, that's up to you. I would honestly be pretty hurt if a girl I liked said she can't stand Vietnamese food and wouldn't take the offer of being taught how to cook "their" food.

What Girls Said 6

• That is SO rude. Even if they didn't like the food, you (or your family) took the time to prepare it especially for them. You have every right to feel disrespected. Would you go to their house and criticize them for only eating Mexican food? No, you wouldn't, if you were brought up with any respect.

Also, being proud about something as ridiculous as treating women like slaves is disgusting. Watch out, this could be a warning for what you're getting yourself into with your boyfriend. Everyone is a product of his or her own environment, and if he's been brought up by such narrow minded people, he might turn out the same way.

• that is a terrible way to treat you! I am also Italian and grew up around all that stuff so I can completely relate. My Boyfriend is from Russia, and his parents make me Russian food all the time, but they appreciate it when I bring them Italian food.

Honestly, it seems as though your boyfriend shares the same views as his family, and you can't change that. If he is going to put you through all that over food, he doesn't deserve you

• If he doesn't like what you make then he should cook his own meals. You also shouldn't allow anyone to speak to you the way his father did. Its degrading and extremely rude especially after you put in all of the hard work that you did into cooking what I'm sure was a wonderful meal.

• OH hell no! His date is tactless and rude. whether he likes that kind of food or not, at least respect that you made the effort. Show them you're pissed and I hope you don't let a guy treat you like a slave. not to be a negative nancy but this might not work out

• He's a douche just like his father. Dump his mexican ass and you'll find a better one.

• okay the father is a douche

and there's nothing wrong with that at all, you don't have to learn a whole new mexican cuisine to please someone that's like me asking a guy to cook me chinese takeout everynight like wth!