How can I look cute on the beach if I'm not willing to wear a bathing suit?

My friends and I are planning a week long trip to California next month. We pretty much plan to stay on the beach the whole time. There's no way in hell I'm wearing a bathing suit, but I still want to splash about in the water (I can't go too far in since I don't know how to swim), stay cool, and look cute. I have a sort of feminine indie rock style. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have like no belly fat.

And this is coming from someone who calls everyone fat.

I've seen the pictures.

But if you're THAT worried, just wear the surfer girl uniform here in Southern California,

Board shorts and a Bikini Top:

link

link

link

What Guys Said 9

• Reading your question the first thing that comes to my guy mind is that your not planning to wear anything, I know it's bad. Then I read your description and understood your Q better hehehe.

I live in the Caribbean and even if your not planning to go swimming always wear a bathing suit under your clothes at the beach, because sand gets in everywhere, also don't forget your sunblock. Wear light colored clothes shorts and body fit shirts, that's what women here wear.

• I saw your pictures and was like "what's she pointing at? I don't see anything there".

Case in point.

Who on earth made fun of you? And why would you go to the beach with those kinds of people? :-/

Did you take your trip to Cali yet? a sundress at the beach is never a bad choice. A lot of people here just wear t-shirt / board shorts when they're not in the water - we get enough sun here, we like NOT getting burned sometimes... You'll look just like a native :) (though you really should rock the suit)

• Skinny dipping?

• Why don't you want to wear a bathing suit?

• just wear jean shorts and a floral blouse or something

• wear a bathing suit, you're not chubby

• You haven't seen my stomach.

• Strangely enough, you're not the first person to compare me to a Greek statue. But thanks for that ego boost, you're sweet.

• If you find yourself taking more pics of your tummy - send them my way. It's really attractive. :) Let me know if you end up wearing that bathing suit.

• maybe like, short shorts and a tank?

• summer dress type thing maybe?

• You look fine. You've actually got a great shaped body for a bikini. I'd recommend a push up top and a hip tie bottom for you with full coverage so you don't feel too exposed.

What Girls Said 13

• You are thin! Wear a cute bathing suit and then wear something over it, like short shorts and one of those off the shoulder shirts or a tank top or something like that.

• From the pics you put up you are slim, so I wouldn't worry too much about being fat. There are a good selection of swimsuits available like tankini and monokini if you are worried that are fashionable. If you don't want to swim, then I think little sundresses are great for the beach too.

• Wear a sundress. It's hot when you go in the water and have to lift ip the dress a little so it won't get wet. Plus it blows around nicely in the wind. So a skirt and tank top or a sundress would be best

• Wellm here's advice from me ha ha

I live in CA in a Beach town.

What a lot of people do is wear like a loose v-neck or something like that

and short shorts

If you have a firm but then just wear a loose fitting shirt and wear you're bathing suit bottoms ..

I don't know if this is what you were looking for.

• I think shorts and a running halter top would be cute. Make it sporty!

• I love kaftan's for when I'm lounging on the beach: link link

This way you can still show off your legs ;)

• I don't think you have anything to worry about wearing a bathingsuit. You're not chubby at all. But I'm sort of a tomboy and my hometown is Oceanside, Ca. I wore girl trunks a lot cause you can wear them in the water; theyre versatile

• Even if you won't swim, try wearing a bikini, then have short shorts unbuttoned and then for a top, get a punky loose shirt cut super low to show off the bikini. It sounds slutty, but it's really not once you try it

• Wear a crop top, or a romper

• wait I have the perfect look and you can even swim with it, I have it in blue...

link

pretty cute you can dress it up and down...

• wear a short tube dress

• You are FAR from chubby. I'm 100% serious, I'm mad jealous of your body.

• You're not chubby at all. Just wear full bathing suit.