How many guys can actually tell when a girl is wearing make up?

Girls often take advantage of a man's ignorance when it comes to the beauty realm, so a little bit of a touch up here and there seems to go unnoticed. But really, how many guys can tell when a girl is wearing make up? What are sure signs for you? And what goes completely over your heads?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Um, is pretty obvious honestly, its more an anomaly if they aren't wearing makeup. How thickly it's applied tells you if a girl has a bad complexion or not. Might be difficult if far away, but from a five foot distance its easy. What are you referring by what goes over our head?

0|0
    0|0
    • What applications would you not notice?

A swipe of mascara?

A pop of berry on the lips?

• Show All
    • Honestly I know nothing about these concealers, foundation, etc but some girls you can tell they use heavy makeup even if it 'done correctly.' Perfect example: Christina Agiulera on The Voice, her skin looks fake almost because of all the makeup...

• Right, she's using a different type of foundation, which produces a matte finish, which looks fake. that and because she is on TV and because now they have HD they have to really pack on the makeup.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• When girls wear light, natural makeup, most of us can't tell even though we say we can.

0|0
    0|0
  • i can tell. your face is highlighted and gleaming. over use of makeup is a turn off unless there is a specified occasion.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy is unable to tell then he probably hasn't looked at your face at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah if he can't tell you should consider smacking him and telling him to look at your eyes.. not your boobs

• I don't really pay attention, unless its like way overdone.

0|0
    0|0
  • We can tell...but we don't always notice. You've done a great job with your makeup if it just looks natural.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• i wear make up and I like your question. I think that as long as a girl makes it look natural, guys will still be attracted to it. personal experience! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think many can tell unless it's made really obvious, either by color or intensity. I just asked a question earlier about whether people could tell the difference between me with makeup and me without makeup and most of the guys couldn't.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did read your question. I'm like you I use little to no make up on a daily basis. And by little I mean a swipe of mascara, barely there blush, and chapstick/lip gloss. My focus has been skin care.

• great question. I personally think guys have no idea

0|0
    0|0