How many guys can actually tell when a girl is wearing make up?

Girls often take advantage of a man's ignorance when it comes to the beauty realm, so a little bit of a touch up here and there seems to go unnoticed. But really, how many guys can tell when a girl is wearing make up? What are sure signs for you? And what goes completely over your heads?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Um, is pretty obvious honestly, its more an anomaly if they aren't wearing makeup. How thickly it's applied tells you if a girl has a bad complexion or not. Might be difficult if far away, but from a five foot distance its easy. What are you referring by what goes over our head?

• What applications would you not notice?

A swipe of mascara?

A pop of berry on the lips?

• Honestly I know nothing about these concealers, foundation, etc but some girls you can tell they use heavy makeup even if it 'done correctly.' Perfect example: Christina Agiulera on The Voice, her skin looks fake almost because of all the makeup...

• Right, she's using a different type of foundation, which produces a matte finish, which looks fake. that and because she is on TV and because now they have HD they have to really pack on the makeup.

What Guys Said 5

• When girls wear light, natural makeup, most of us can't tell even though we say we can.

• i can tell. your face is highlighted and gleaming. over use of makeup is a turn off unless there is a specified occasion.

• If a guy is unable to tell then he probably hasn't looked at your face at all.

• yeah if he can't tell you should consider smacking him and telling him to look at your eyes.. not your boobs

• I don't really pay attention, unless its like way overdone.

• We can tell...but we don't always notice. You've done a great job with your makeup if it just looks natural.

What Girls Said 3

• i wear make up and I like your question. I think that as long as a girl makes it look natural, guys will still be attracted to it. personal experience! :)

• I don't think many can tell unless it's made really obvious, either by color or intensity. I just asked a question earlier about whether people could tell the difference between me with makeup and me without makeup and most of the guys couldn't.

• I did read your question. I'm like you I use little to no make up on a daily basis. And by little I mean a swipe of mascara, barely there blush, and chapstick/lip gloss. My focus has been skin care.

• great question. I personally think guys have no idea