Protein powder or shakes, any recommendations?

What would be you guys best advice for a protein powder to add to water or those protein shakes. I am mostly looking for the powder, but any advice of any out there would be nice. What do you use? And how would you rate it? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Use whey protein. Honestly, if you've never taken it before, just start out with the cheap $15 crap from Wal-Mart. None of the flavors taste good. But I'd just start out with just skim milk and a banana blended with two scoops of the protein.

I'm assuming you've started a workout regiment. Make sure you have a good diet too. Too many people will just make a protein shake and then leave the rest of their diet alone. Yeah the extra protein helps SOME. But for the most part you're wasting your money because 90% of that protein will go straight through your body and into the toilet. Try to eat six meals a day. It's really not as hard as it sounds though.

8 AM: Bowl of oatmeal and a piece of toast

10 AM: Protein bar (I use the Big 100 bars. Like I said, since you're just starting it really doesn't matter THAT much.)

12 PM: Two turkey sandwiches

Right after you workout: Protein shake

6 PM: Grilled chicken and a baked potato

8 PM: Cottage cheese or yogurt

What Girls Said 3

• Studies have shown that anything with soy is not good for us if taken in large amounts. I would look into going to a GYN and see what they have their to offer. I would make your own smoothies by using nofat or lowfat greek yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 a banana, and 1/2 a cup of lowfat milk or skim milk and mix in a blender. all of those ingredients are good for you. also there are websites on protein smoothies. like anything else its trial and errer. I eat a egg white omelet for breakfast almost every morning. 3 large egg whites and one slice low fat cheese has 20 grams of protein.

• I usually mix it with mashed up bananas and milk, it tastes better that way. I can't take it on it's own. I've also tried yogurt which is pretty quick or mixing it with gatorade before a run.

• whey

What Guys Said 3

• .natural protien is ten times. Better eat fish like tuna and salmon or different kinds of nuts. If you ever stop working out ull get really fat because you took those shakes. This happened to a lot of my buddies I played football with. They were all into working out and taking protien and when we graduated they stopped working out and all the muscle turned to flab. If you do it naturally and get the nutrients you need from food this won't happen to u.

• I understand that, I just do not think I get enough protein. I eat quite a lot of tuna, but I probably need to get some more fish, plus what kind of nuts would be best? I am a fan of peanuts haha.

• any really cashews Almonds pastashios just google high protien foods...

• Are you looking to gain mass?

• Well not bodybuilder mass, but some muscle bulk.

• What the others said, but remember, drink it with full fat milk - will be far more effective (and nice) than water. Whey.

• I use optimum nutrition whey protein and it tastes pretty good and I mix it whole milk because I'm trying to gain weight so I'll take the extra carbs and fat