Is a strapless dress inappropriate for a child's birthday party?

It's kinda short, a few inches above the knee. Mother in law says it's okay. My mother says not really. I need a few more opinions.

Thanks for the answers guys. I discovered it looks so much better pulled up and used as a shirt..

i put jeans on and heels, and it looks much better. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really appropriate for a child's b-party. It might also be down right dangerous. Children running around playing tag you walking with a plate and drink in your hands to your seat, one of the children running around you trips and grabs your dress to break his fall and pulls down your dress and show casing your boobs.

I can see it all happening right in front of me. Just a thought okay, worse case scenario.

What Guys Said 2

• If you have to think about it, then id say just wear another dress. You are not going out on the town its a birthday party. Probably won't be many men to woo.

• as long as your not doing anything slutty/dirty dancing etc..u should be fine

What Girls Said 7

• It would have been better to post a pic of the dress, it all depends on the cut and styling I think. Maybe wear a shrug or a cardigan with it. I always go by the rule if you are showing off one asset, cover another just to keep it classy :)

• I would go for something that is cute but conservative. Something you can run around in, bend and move in.

• I'd add a shrug or perhaps leggings. May be best to forego it alltogether. It depends on the setting a lot to. What is the setting & how will the others be dressed, if you know?

• I'd have to see the dress itself and perhaps the way it looks on you to form a full opinion. The fact that it's strapless isn't a big deal, but the fact that it's short seems a bit inappropriate. Perhaps you could wear leggings with it.

• I'm glad you found a solution! I was going to say it was okay

• wear a short cardi over it

• It's not the strapless part I was worried about. It's the shortness of the dress lol

• I wouldn't wear that for a child's birthday party.