My guy keeps long hair,and I feel bothered,have I any right to ask him to shave?

My chocolate guy plaits his hair.He's also rather soft spoken.It bothers me that he has long hair as it makes me feel like he's competing with me because I'd want him to be crazy about MY hair.I'm I guilty of trying to change him?Should I just 'get over it'?Is it fair to ask him to shave?Would you do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him he looks better with short hair.See what he does, if he doesn't shave it, then obviously he likes it. But only tell him that if you honestly think he looks better with short hair. If it's cause your jealous, that sounds really immature..

What Guys Said 3

• There is only one thing about us that nobody else will ever hold dominion over, and that is our bodies. Nobody, not even your significant other, has any right to ask you to change that to suit their tastes. You have to learn to deal. Asking him to change it for you is selfish on a level that would probably blow his mind.

• Talk to him about his personal hygiene.

• Yeah of course Its fine to ask him, Its never OK to tell someone to change.

What Girls Said 3

• If you find it unattractive, you can ask him nicely to shave it by telling him how much sexier and prettier he is with short hair, but if you dislike it just because you believe he is competing with you, you just gotta get rid of those thoughts cause if it wasn't his hair youd probably find something else that you think he is competing with you about

• What you're saying is that you're jealous of your boyfriend's hair, because his hair distracts from your hair? Isn't that a bit childish?

It's not fair to ask him this, but if that's what you want, ask him.

See how it goes.

• you're jealous of his hair? seriously? that's silly,get over it