Should plastic surgery shows be aired on tv? Why or why not?

HELLP I Have to do a speech about this for english Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. They show just how far some will go in hopes of perfection. You could bring up a book called "Uglies" or "Pretties" by Scott Westerfeld. They are about where in a futuristic society kids are sculpted to perfection through surgery. The only difference between that aspect of our society and their's is that they are more technologically advanced so they're able to do more (along with the fact that nearly every 16 year old gets surgery in their society). It's insane (in my opinion) to go through that much, especially with all the associated risks, just to be, in the surgery-goer's mind, "prettier." Hopefully these shows will end up discouraging people from getting (in most cases) these shallow, expensive, and dangerous operations. Good luck :)

• Also, you could even include how the media aids to these ideas of perfection. How unrealistic they are, how far it goes to create the perfect images (photoshop), etc.

What Guys Said 2

• No. This should not be advertised and errr... glamourised (I forgot the word I'm thinking of this may not even be a word).

Reconstructive surgery is okay, that's an incredibly unfortunate person who has had their natural features damaged so badly that they look like a freak, having surgery to make them look and feel normal again.

But no not cosmetic surgery. I think that people should be allowed to have that surgery if they want, that's fine, but it shouldn't be ...glamourised the way it is... (don't use this in your speech without checking to see if it is a word first lol, I can't think of the word that I actually intended to use)

• I think so. Why not? It does show the horror of the procedure. Scares the sh*t outta me. And the recovery time too. If you're for or against plastic surgery I don't think it will really change your mind. It does give people who want it... a realistic expectation of the results and the pain and seriousness of the procedure.

• for your paper I think you should take a stance, then take everyone's argument and put them in your paper. You can agree with the ones you agree with, and say you don't agree with others (say mine for example) and provide your reasoning why.

What Girls Said 4

• Depends what kind of shows you mean. I don't think it should be glamorized in those awful "before and after" type shows. Showing how the procedures work should be shown, though. It's so gory and disgusting, it puts me completely off the idea of ever getting any surgery, lol

• Well yes because it shoes how far people will go and how scary it is and it indirectly influences your decision to do it or not

• I think they shouldn't be, because kids grow up seeing it, thinking it is normal and than end up hurting themselves in the future to be "beautiful".

• what do you need help with? don't you have opinions and thoughts of your own?

• I already Have all My opinions I can't think of anymore!