What do you really think about girls and makeup?

Now there are some girls who put make up on everyday, girls who rarely put it on, girls who put on a different amount of it on and on certain days and girls who just don't put it on? How do you feel about a girl and make up? Should she wear it, and if yes how long how/much? What do you like/dislike?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do men wear make-up? And why are physical features so darn important? Looks fade...sure, they're part of the picture of an ideal partner, but it's not the looks that really keep guys around. It initially may attract a guy, but it's like wearing revealing clothing or acting a certain fake way.

It's who the woman really is, not the massaged parts with cosmetics, that keeps love alive.

Whenever physical beauty's importance is asked, I recall:

"Do you love me because I'm beautiful, or am I am beautiful because you love me?" - Oscar Hammerstein, II, Cinderella

Now, once I'm dating a woman and she puts on make-up to impress my friends or family, that is a great compliment. I used to ask my soon-to-be-ex-wife why she felt it was so important to her to apply make-up, as I thought she was most beautiful in the morning with her hair all messed up and morning breath. She said she just wanted to look nice. I know it eventually changed from impressing others for my benefit to becoming for her own benefit.

She's not nearly as beautiful as she was when I truly loved her, but, to sum up my long-winded response, WOMEN DON'T NEED MAKE-UP!

What Guys Said 6

• Light natural makeup is best.

• Make-up is the norm. To me, girls need at least a little make-up, because they look better!

A little eye shadow and a modest lipstick (nothing gaudy, like red or black or blue) is fine. When a girl's cheeks are obviously caked with make-up, that's a bit plastic and fake. Just keep it simple.

• A little bit goes a long way. I can appreciate a girl if she choses not to wear it and I enjoy it when a girl wears a little bit. But putting a lot on can quickly become unattractive.

• Really the best makeup is enough to make you have a natural look. Anything too flashy or too colorful usually isn't best. Essentially if the girl can make it so you can't tell she has makeup on that is what most guys prefer.

• i like girls who don't need make-up. but I understand it helps with confidence. I'm not going to tell a girl not to wear it either.

• I think minimal makeup is ideal.

What Girls Said 3

• Less is more

• I get hit on without make up as well

• Make up cover up beauty