Ladies: why do you wear makeup?

I always see questions about girls asking guys if they like make up or not so I decided to switch the question and ask do you like wearing makeup? and if so why do you wear make up?

My opinion on makeup is that if you decide to wear it please know how to apply it. I don't care if you wear it or don't because I have no place to tell you if you should or shouldn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear makeup to enhance what I already have, but only on special occasions. I don't wear it when I'm having an off day because I don't want to get my self into a cycle where I only feel pretty when I wearing it. I'd rather get used to the way I am.

My horror story is that I meet a guy when I'm wearing makeup, then he sees me once I've taken it off and is like "...OH HELL NO!" So I don't layer it on either. Eyeliner, powder, mascara that's it.

• did your horror story ever happen?

• Haha no! And it never will because I always keep it natural. I don't even own a stick of foundation lol.

• Lol I'm glad :)

What Girls Said 30

• I wear makeup firstly, to even out my skin tone and show off my fair skin. secondly, I wear makeup to enhance the parts of my face that I like. In my mind, if you've applied your makeup correctly it shouldn't look like your wearing any. Makeup should look natural but should still enhance. I like to use a light eyebrow pencil to fill in my brows (I have a small scar on one eyebrow that I fill in) and some mascara, maybe some rosey blush (I am PALE so If I don't I sometimes look to ghostly). My boyfriend once told me he 'I like that you never wear makeup' and that is the best complement.

• Don't think that's the BEST compliment but to each their own

• I wear natural looking face makeup but like to experiment with my eyes. I like how it makes my eyes look bigger an more interesting in color based on what color eyeshadow I use. I don't do anything crazy with my lips, just balm and sometimes a light gloss if I'm going out. Makeup us artistic to me. I can change my eye shape and contour my face to make it seem more ideal. I think everyone looks better with well done makeup, it gives me that extra confidence boost around guys

• Wearing makeup makes me feel pretty. Plus, I have certain features that aren't as noticeable when I'm not wearing makeup, and when I wear it they stand out more.

• Cause I look better with it. And cause it's fun.

Like, I don't think I look *bad* without makeup, just better with it. My skin is not great, and with makeup it isn't noticeable, just kind of...there. Like it should be. And my eyes are one of my better features, imo, and they're more noticeable with makeup.

• I wear makeup sometimes, but not often. I don't think it makes me prettier/better looking, so I don't wear it for that reason.

I like doing things like rainbow eyeshadow or bright red lipstick because I think it's funky and interesting. I use makeup like the cool accessory for my outfit.

• I wear makeup to blend my skin tone a little or cover up blemishes. I'll put a little more on, like mascara, if it's an important day. I barely wear makeup, but I do it because I like it and it makes me feel prettier.

• I like to wear make-up in order to enhance the qualities in my face that are attractive. For example, when I'm going out on the weekend, I like to wear some eye make-up because it draws attention to my eyes. I also wear light make-up to help blend small imperfections such as a pimple or some redness. Wearing make-up also makes me feel put together and I feel confident when I look put together.

• most girls wear makeup because even though guys say they like the natural look they really don't know what the natural look is...they think natural is foundation mascara eye shadow eye liner and all that other stuff...personally I only wear foundation to even out my skin tone and for special occasions eye shadow and mascara but I have sensitive skin so the less I wear the better I feel haha

• I wear makeup because I want to. I'm not self-conscious or anything. I sometimes want a change of pace and wear flattering makeup.

• When taking pictures, the camera can make you appear washed out, when you wear that cakey make up it doesn't show up cakey in the picture. And for special occasions it looks nice to be done up. Other than that I don't wear make up because it feels funny and you have to fix it every 5 seconds.

• I don't really wear it day to day, maybe some concealer and eyeliner, but that's about it. When I go out I'll wear makeup. It's fun to put on and it gives me a confidence boost. Don't get me wrong, I feel great without makeup - but with it I am able to look completely different and that's pretty nifty.

• I personally prefer not to, and most of the time, I don't. It's just a pain to put on and clean off all the time. I only ever wear make-up if I'm going out somewhere nice and I feel like dressing up. However, I do think I look better with make-up. I just can't be bothered to put it on most of the time.

• Wearing makeup is like playing dress up every day(:

• It's like an art form for me, it's fun to expiriment.

• I wear it because it hides any insecureties I may have.

Or sometimes I have to cake it on for competitions.

Its a form of art to me.

• I do on days I work or go out, but not much, only light stuff. I hate that old lady, heavily made up look.

I am very pale, so I wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, a cream blush, mascara and tinted lip gloss with sunscreen. That's it. If it's an evening date, I'll wear eye shadow, but not much. Less is more.

• I can live without concealer. Give me my concealer and I'm good to go ... I'm not into all the foundation but than again I have good skin. To me make up is fun, that's why I wear it !

• I wear make up because it makes me feel beautiful and confident. You can't look your best without enhancing little here and there ;)

• Make-up is a fun, creative way to express oneself.

I haven't worn make-up in a while, but I also wore it to accentuate my best features such as my eyes

• On an average day I don't even bother with any make-up. However, when I do go out, I find it fun, and plays up certain features like my eyes.

• I don't usually wear it, but when I do... it's usually when:

A.) I want to look nice for a special occasion

B.) I have to go somewhere, and I look terrible.

• i do like wearing makeup.

i use eyeliner on a daily basis.

and if I'm going out, I use eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and some kind of lip tint.

i wear it because it makes me look loads better lol.

• I don't because I don't find it necessary.

• Because you can make pretty rainbows with it. :D And because it makes us prettier!

• dont, what's the point?

• because I want to. why else would anyone do anything?

• because I look like a savage beast without it.

• =(

I'm sure you don't =(

• I was kidding, I just look really tired and stuff without it.

• 1)it's fun

2)makes you prettier

• its fun and I enjoy being creative and glam

and to look better and appropriate for the situation. if you're wearing a dress and heels, wear makeup

• I just wear some coverup and mascara. If I don't wear any coverup, it looks like I have a bindi because of my zit scars.

What Guys Said 2

• To 'look better' (ironic at times)

• men

• from lena-love: "However, I do think I look better with make-up."

point proven