Do you look more like your dad or like your mom?

and do you like it?

I look more like my dad, and do not like it.

My dad is darker skin and my mom has lighter skin.

I have the darker skin. That's why I don't like it.

:S

For some reason I wonder if my husband or I will have the dominant gene if we have kids, but hopefully we don't have kids because they are a handful. Anyways, for some reason most of the women I have been meeting (including my sister and my sister in law) all have kids that look more like them than the kid's father!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• My dad's Chinese and my mum is a mixalot of White/Black/Chinese and amazonian Indian.

I do look more like my dad, I love both my parents very much and never really payed attention to the whole race thing, until they taught it to me at school.

In the end I did felt more Chinese, for my mother agreed with my dad to add out Chinese heritage into our up bringing, but I do have a modern way of thinking.

• oh cool. You do look very Chinese in your picture. My husband is caucasian and I am Asian and I hope my kid turns out Asian too. For some reason my husband is super mega pale and has a gigantic nose that I do not want my kids to have... but then again we don't really plan to have kids. But yeah looking Asian is great. Do you speak Chinese also?

• lol @ gigantic nose. My great grandfather had a big nose and ears too, but non of his kids got it. No, I can't speak any Chinese, I can only eat it lol. I do speak fluent Dutch.

• my mom

• my Dad.

• People always say I look like my mom.

• I look like a younger version of my dad, except he has glasses

• fialry well balacned between th two and with charateriestics/ personality but a bti more mym um on personality

• Definitely my Mum, aha. Got my Dad's blue eyes, though.

• Both, equally ^^

• lol people say that I am my fathers twin :P

• I look like my dad.

What Girls Said 16

• i look like both

i have my moms eyes and face shape and body type & I have my dad's nose, lips and hair type

• My Dad's Chinese, and my Mum's English, and I inherited all of my Dad's Asian features, but very little of my Mum's. :)

• oh wow, so you look more Chinese then. My husband is Caucasian as in he is part Irish and part German and super pale and looks nothing like me. I'm Asian and I am super dark skin, and smaller nose if you know what I mean. I don't really want to have kids, but if I do I hope my kids have my genes. hahahaha...

• a lot of my family and relatives say I look like my dad :P

i don't really see the resemblance though lol

• I don't think either, but other people say different things. Both my parents are much fairer than me and my sisters are. Dad pretty much looks white :P But I have his height, etc. But I'm lean like Ma. I dunno, hybrid of both yet I don't look like either, imo.

About dominance - my sister has two kids and one looks like her & one like her husband. It's really about chance.

• do you think it is about chance? Or maybe who has the dominant genes? My sister in law is big as in she is 5'3 and 230 pounds or something, and all her kids (my brother's skinny like me) are really fat like her and look just like her (fat/chubby, white skin, round face). The kids don't look anything like my brother/my family. We're darker skin, longer face with bigger foreheads and really skinny.

• really darker genes are dominant? Hmm My friend is black and his girlfriend is white and they had a baby boy who is white with blue eyes (neither of them have blue eyes so it must be from the mother's family elsewhere) and the kid has my friend's lips and nose but he definitely looks a lot like a white kid so... who knows

• Yeah, I've noticed that. Don't really get it, but that's what I learnt anyway. By the way, dark skin is beautiful, too! Should be happy with what you've got :)

• I look like my mom the most.

Brown hair, light brown eyes, the same straight nose.

• Both.. With my hair its pretty weird .. Cause I have my dads hair structure but my moms hair colour .. If I should say who I looked like the most .. It would be my dad , especially because I look a lot like my dads sister.. More than I look like my mom lol :-)

• I'm this really weird mix. I look a lot like my Mom until you see my Dad. I have my Mom's eye color, hair, and body shape, but I have my Dad's face, eyes, lips, etc.

• ooh how do you look like? and how do your parents look like? Just wondering. My dad has a huge forehead and I got that from him too. He also has no chin and I got that from him too. And he's super skinny so I am also. My mom is a bit plump, has a chin and some what round face and my sister looks more like my mom.

• My Dad has a heart-shaped face, so I got that. I have my forehead from him too. XD My Mom is really short and petite, so I am, too, and she has light brown hair which I inherited, even though my Dad has black hair..

• most people say that am a younger version of my mum.

• I have an equal amount, I have my dad's mole, darker eyes than my mom or dad,i have my dad's eye shape,i have my mom's nose and my dad's mouth. Apparently out everyone though, I look a lot like my dad's mom and my mom's dad.

• Neither, absolutely neither. But my neice & I look alike. And my son looks like me & my mother.

• Neither, I look like my Uncle.

• I look EXACTLY like my mom when she was my age.

• wow! I don't look anything like my mom at all LOL My husband looks exactly like his dad when my father in law was our age. Do you like it or not? Hahaha. I personally wish I looked a little bit more like my mom, I hate my super dark skin and how easily it tans.

• I think I'm lucky. Every girl would rather have their mom's face than their dad's profuse back hair. So yeah, I like it. haha

• hahahaha great way to look at it.

• I'm like a young version of my mum. Everyone who see us together point this out.

• everyone of my family members/church members point out that I look like my dad.

• Dad.

• my dad. And I like it because my mom had blond hair. Not that there's anything with blond hair, I just prefer my dark hair.

• you have Adriana Lima as your icon photo, she is also my favorite model ever. :)

• i look like my dad. I kinda noticed that girls look like dads and guys look like their mom more