Why do guys hate makeup?

Why do guys claim that they hate makeup, and wish girls looked beautiful naturally.. or make girls feel bad for wearing it but are totally attracted to girls who do wear makeup? Obviously it works because you fall for it. I've never known a girl who has gotten hit on while wearing no makeup (and don't say it's a confidence thing), but be honest, guys prefer makeup. Of course every girl wishes she looked pretty without makeup (I think I do) but guys treat me so much better in public and in my group of friends when I have more makeup on than when I don't.

I understand thinking a bunch of makeup melting off your face is disgusting, and looking like a p*rn star or completely different person is obviously not what I mean, but don't say you like girls who are natural and then go hitting on girls, who from a girl's perspective, are wearing a pretty considerable amount of makeup.

Most Helpful Girl

• I read an article that in a study of 100 men and 100 women what men considered natural was actually what most women consider medium makeup. It showed pictures I wish I could remember the link. It was basically mascara, eyeliner on the top lash, lip liner with lip moisturizer, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and blush.

Most women could throw that together and make it look fairly natural, using only a little of each.

men considered wearing makeup to be fake eyelashes, lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, the works and women considered it heavy makeup.

basically if you wear makeup right, a guy won't notice it, and that's what they want.

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Guys Said 18

• Less is more.

And when it comes to make up, too many girls think more is better.

I think it's necessary for guys to say they HATE makeup, because then a girl will still put make up on, but she won't use a shovel.

• In theory, guys would like girls who look that hot naturally. That's better, right?

So guys say 'I don't like makeup'. They are thinking 'I'd like a girl who is naturally a '10' over a girl who is artificially (and temporarily) a '10'.

But as a girl, that doesn't matter. The question is, 'do I want to be a 7 without makeup or a 9 with (or whatever, you get the idea).

Where a little makeup, put it on right.

Girls are just as bad by the way. They like guys who don't spend too much time in the gym, but if they just naturally have a perfect body, that would be great.

• Great answer. It really cleared up the ? for me :))))))

Side note: I don't think guys TRULY know the extend some girls go to just to look attractive. And ultimately, the purpose of make up is to enhance a woman's fertility by promoting feminine facial features and reduce her "flaws". Also I think guys can feel tricked by make up because it can be misleading.

• Actually, women's make up goes well beyond covering up flaws. Most of it fakes sexual arousal. Red lips, things that make eyes seem bigger (more dilated) darker lips - all of these fake sexual arousal, and that gets men interested.

• Every time I kiss a woman with a ton of makeup, tastes terrible! YUCK! Makeup makes a woman look like she's on the warpath to battle. It hides her true looks and most women just have no idea how much is good enough. When it comes to makeup, less is better. Unfortunately, we men cannot control how much a woman puts on her face so often we have to overlook that and try to interact with women anyway. Men are normally not so shallow about it, makeup can be taken off.

• Tastefully done make up makes girls very attractive.

When guys say they hate make up, they are talking about too much make up.

Good make up should enhance beauty and should not scream too loud.

• So when a guy says he wants to see a girl 'without makeup' he means he wants to see her in enough makeup on to look good

• I think it also depends on what kind of attention and from what kind of guys. If some type of make up works for you, go for it.

• I would rather have no makeup at all than too much...and yes...I DO know what females look like with no makeup...

• i have a black suit in the cleaners right now just from where a girl hugged me and my shoulder has makeup all over it. I got a grey suit that needs to go before I wear it again for the same reason. it gets on my shirt and all over when we hug or cuddle. and when I lick your face in the club like rick james, it taste horrible!

More from Guys
13

What Girls Said 5

• Guys don't hate make-up, it's just politically correct to encourage the "natural" state rather than being "fake."

Most men have no clue what a chick without make-up looks like

• Of course the only person who understands my question is a girl. I probably should have re-worded the question for all of the guys, but thank you!

• Sure

• U are cynical Evangelina...I have lived with my wife for almost 16 years...she will not usually leave the house without her "face" on..but I c her a lot with no makeup...and I have not turned to stone...

• link

They wish.

• the thing is men can't tell whether it is natural makeup or natural face (bare face), if they can tell it means the girl has put on a lot of make up which isn't good.
    as a lady, i don't like make up too and never understand why many would want to spend so much money on it? minimal is fine but too much is really unnecessary

• they have unrealistic standards of women. they think you should wake up looking gorgeous and think you're "fake" for having to apply beauty aids to reach the standard of beauty that will attract men to you. basically ignore guys' opinions on makeup because they don't know what they're talking about anyway. they will see a girl with natural makeup on and think she has no makeup on. they'll say they hate too much makeup but ogle a girl with a face full of it. makes a lot of sense, huh? yeah so just ignore them and do what makes you look good.