Why do guys hate makeup?

Why do guys claim that they hate makeup, and wish girls looked beautiful naturally.. or make girls feel bad for wearing it but are totally attracted to girls who do wear makeup? Obviously it works because you fall for it. I've never known a girl who has gotten hit on while wearing no makeup (and don't say it's a confidence thing), but be honest, guys prefer makeup. Of course every girl wishes she looked pretty without makeup (I think I do) but guys treat me so much better in public and in my group of friends when I have more makeup on than when I don't.

I understand thinking a bunch of makeup melting off your face is disgusting, and looking like a p*rn star or completely different person is obviously not what I mean, but don't say you like girls who are natural and then go hitting on girls, who from a girl's perspective, are wearing a pretty considerable amount of makeup.

Most Helpful Girl

• I read an article that in a study of 100 men and 100 women what men considered natural was actually what most women consider medium makeup. It showed pictures I wish I could remember the link. It was basically mascara, eyeliner on the top lash, lip liner with lip moisturizer, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and blush.

Most women could throw that together and make it look fairly natural, using only a little of each.

men considered wearing makeup to be fake eyelashes, lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, the works and women considered it heavy makeup.

basically if you wear makeup right, a guy won't notice it, and that's what they want.

• No, that looks like makeup. Unless you're a moron.