What is your perception of Mexicans (physically) or Hispanics in general?

My friends know I am Mexican and my name throws it off as well. I am white complected, have light brown eyes, light brown hair, average looking, and I don't know how else to describe myself. However, when I'm starting to meet new people they ask me what I am, regarding ethnicity. It doesn't bother when people ask, I would just like to know how you imagine Mexicans/Hispanics. What kind of person (physically) do you imagine if, lets say your friend said he/she was dating a Mexican? I've been told I look like I could be from so many places, yet, Mexican is the last one on their guess list. I think that many people may perceive Mexicans or Hispanics in general as all of them being brown or something, idk. Give me your opinions please. Thanks in advance:)))

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends mexicans look different depending on where they are from. I do think the mexicans they show on the univision channel don't represent most mexicans I've seen. they don't look that white. even if their skin is pale white, they still don't look caucasian.

there is like 2 types of mexicans generally: the ones I used to see when I lived in new mexico were usually pale to slightly tan skinned, slightly short to average height, and looked kind of native in the face. some were pretty, some were average looking and some were ugly. most of them had black to dark brown hair and brown eyes. I guess these are the ones who are mixed with more spanish

now that I live in alabama, the few mexicans I see are migrant workers and their families. they are usually very short, thick build chubby or fat, with large eyes and slightly tanned to peanut butter brown colored skin. they have jet black hair and dark brown eyes and look very mayan.

What Guys Said 3

• I have a weakness for girls for latina's so I guess my opinion is very good. Although you say you don't look like you're from there..

But anyway, in most cases there's only one simple rule: exotic = wanted

So guess you shouldn't be afraid :)

• Well, us lads in Europe have the Spanish instead, and I'm cool with the Armada :P

• yes

What Girls Said 3

• People ask me questions regarding my ethencity everyday...although I think I look completely black...people seen to think other wise. An I think its really because my mom is half filipina.

Most Mexicans...are brown or tanned lol ...but some are pale skinned...but I guess its all in stereotypes...or what most people see.

When I think of hispanics...i picture tanned skin and black hair lol...i guess I'm stereotypical too.

• I don't really have a generalization for any race. I've seen hispanics that are dark, I've seen them kind of fair skined. Um, I guess darker hair, and darker eye colors usually.

• My BFF is a Mexican, her entire extended family is like my family ever since I went to Mexico and stayed with them, my Boyfriend is also Mexican, my great great grandmother was mexican. Therefore, Mexicans seem no different than people of any other race to me. Someone's race doesn't define who they are