Does every girl have tattoos nowadays?

I don't know it seems like every girl I meet is really into tattoos. They have them on there neck, arms, legs, backs, shoulder, some girl even showed me one she had right above her vagina lol.

I don't understand it what's with the sudden urge to get them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have one or care for one. I don't really see the point in them.

I have friends who have them and honestly, some of them regret theirs.

I don't understand when people say its to "express their individuality" when they are individuals already. The combination of your physical appearance, personality, values, education, background, etc makes you unique. You don't need to permanently mark yourself either to remind yourself of a loved one...my dad died nearly three years ago and at least once a day everyday there's something I do, see, smell, or hear that reminds me of him. I know those who have tattoos will hate my answer, but its just how I see it. I don't judge people with them, I just don't understand their reasoning for getting them

What Girls Said 13

• I don't. and I don't intend on getting one... I don't even have my ears pierced lol. Generally, I'm a whimp and I'm just not compelled to. I'm not that interesting lol

• It almost seems to be a fad now. It kind of irks me. I only have one that I designed myself and is really meaningful to me. A constant reminder. I'm designing one more for my brother who passed. But so many people get one now. But I can't see how they're special at all. They don't design them themselves, they hardly have any foresight into getting them. They pick something out of the book, or some cartoon character. They either want something that looks 'badass' or 'pretty'. Or even better some Asian symbol for love, faith, etc. I understand the appeal of a tattoo, but I do agree it's 'trendy' now, and it aggrevates me as it takes away some of the uniqueness and pride that should come with a tatoo.

• Yeah I was always under the feeling that chosing a tattoo should mean something special to you because its going to be there from now on.

• I'm not into them. And don't understand people who want to mark their bodies like that but to each their own I suppose. I don't really care what other people do.

• It's not an urge. I have always liked them so when I started making my own money I got one...then another and another. Why does it matter?

• some people choice to remember things that have happened in their loves. others want to make a lasting impression on others. for me its just something to make me different and show who I really am

• tattoo-free over here :)

• I don't. But I want one...but because I have nothing special to put on my skin right now, I'll wait until the right thing comes to me.

• I've no tattoos or piercings, just don't care to waste money on any of that. Besides, I want to keep the freedom to change my mind of what I'm saying to the world.

• I have a small one on my back.

I got one to represent my individuality..

and to honor my son.

I guess lots of girls get them because

their common. Some people just want something

they would want tatoo'd on them.

• I don't have one! Not planning too either..

• I do, and I love them. I love art. The idea of art permanently placed on my body appeals to me.

• well I've always liked tattoos...ive wanted one since I was a kid, they look nice. but most just seem so pointless, like Chinese characters and names :( really guys? you don't even know what that says sometimes.

i got tattoos of quotes cause I means something. its part of me and its one of those follow your instinct/heart crap lol it reminds me and other people that we have to compromise and we can't always get what we want :o

like my friends say..."thats deep" lol

• i have one on my lower back, I like it, I know it sounds trampy but its actually a nice piece plus my boyfriend looooves it lol

What Guys Said 3

• U got me...My preference is none...second choice is one...third choice is two...fourth choice is different female...

• I hoope not they are a huge turnoff.

• It's kind of a fad and most people are lemmings.