Ladies: What EXACTLY is that dark maroon nail polish color?

I want to buy it for my wife. She will never get it herself. I love that color. But I don't know what color (or color code) shall I search for. Of course, being a guy, I cannot go and try. :))

I could not find OPI at Macy's or JC Penny. Don't want to get it over the web 'cause I don't have time. Any ideas where they sell OPI products in stores where I can walk in? Thanks to all of you !

Most Helpful Girl

• OPI has a color called Bastille My Heart that I think is dark maroon.

My suggestion is to go to OPI's website. Click "Nail Colors" at the top, then pick "All OPI Colors" from the drop down menu. Scroll through the little swatches until you find one that's dark maroon to you. Write down the name and go to the nearest salon/beauty supply store and buy that color.

OPI is the best nail polish brand by far.

• Thank you so much ! Great advice.

• Thanks again. I went to the site and started playing with it. I loved playing with the "Try this color" option. Hahaha... You can even change the skin tone and nail length. :))))) Thank you !

What Girls Said 6

• It would...make more sense if we even knew what "that dark maroon nail polish color" looked like. Just sayin...

• Like kmhco said every brand has different names for there colors, and they all vary in how they look. Sometimes it's just best to ask when you see a color you like on someone. Or you may never find it. Below are two nice brands you may want to look at.

O.P.I - Lincoln Park After Dark color.

Orly - Perfectly plum.

• I LOVE Lincoln Park After Dark. It's my favorite color. But I would call it more plum than dark maroon.

• Thanks to both of you for giving names.

• Just look at the bottle, and if it is the right color then that's it. Every different brand has a different name for their colors/shades. You can go to the store and look at the bottle. It's a pretty good signifier of what the nail polish looks like.

• Go to a salon, a nice salon & they should have it.

• I don't know if it's the one you want, but I wear OPI's Kennebunk Port NL No9.

• Thank you ma'am. I'll check it out. Appreciate your input. I love the way they have designed OPI website anyway. It's almost a game for the non-gamers like me who for the life of me, cannot play XBOX or Playstatoin etc... Hehehe...

• You are welcome.

• 0|0

What Guys Said 1