Anyone else feel this way about clothing nowadays?

I'm in no way tall, I am about average. I am almost 5'6", but every time I go to a clothing store everything seems so short. For instance, dresses are like shirts on me. There is no way I can wear a lot of dresses without pants or leggings underneath. Skirts are way too short, exposing my bum or close too it, so I wouldn't even be able to sit in it :S

Or shirt are just too short too. I don't get it :S Anyone else notice this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I'm average sized, and I notice the same thing. I think it's a conspiracy with the clothing company; more money for less clothing. They want us to dress in a revealing manner.

This is exactly why I shop at vintage stores.

What Guys Said 2

• yea but I'm 6'3 so everything that is long enough is too big like for heavy people. I have to go to a big and tall store lol and most of their clothing is fancy business clothes and stuff like that.

• I feel as though the majority of womens clothes these days are made by men. If this is true you might want to go to the complaint department and tell them about large chested women not having much to wear without feeling objectified.

What Girls Said 8

• I do NOT mean this derogatorily, but...do you have...a large bosom? I only ask, because, I'm also just over 5'6", and the the trends right now, seem to gear towards flatter chests.,large chests kind of...lift them a few inches...

I gave in and bought lots of leggings. Also, there are those of us who...just don't care to have our butt hanging out...apparently though, it's trendy. If I wear a skirt, I prefer to add leggings. The only time I don't wear leggings is with pants and shorts...(though I have seen people work shorts with leggings in some right ways.)

Go with it! Get lots of cute legging colors! I have grey, a few black pairs, and teal and plan to get more...I love layers personally, they're really playful and really expand your wardrobe!

They need a "I have a chest, thank you very much." section at stores...like "Hello, don't forget about us! We also like to buy clothing!"

• I do have a large bust! And I can completely identify. There are so many styles I want to wear, but fashion designers seem to think everyone has small boobs. I wish they would make stuff suited for bustier women, I love to shop but it's hard to find stuff that will fit the boobs too. I have to either go big and boxy or short and tight :S It's not good. Or if it fits, it's often too short.

• I've noticed this too. Hemlines on dresses and skirts are getting dangerously high nowadays, to the point where sexy is becoming skanky.

Although I have not noticed that shirts are short on me. Do you have a longer torso?

• Yea I have a long torso, so even though I'm not necessarily tall, it still feels like I am sometimes. Shirts are never long enough, same with jackets or anything else like that.

• We should trade clothes. Shirts are always long on me.

• I've been having the same problem for years. I've always been tall and had trouble finding clothing that fit me. It doesn't help that I have curves. Right now I'm 5' 8" and finding pants and long sleeves are even more difficult. So you're not alone.

• nothing is too short for me because I'm only 5 feet tall :)

most of my pants are skinny jeans and I have rolls of extra cloth at the bottom because of my shortness, shirts however I agree are too short.

Dresses always are just right for me and sometimes skirts are too short... but not always.

• With dresses, yes. I'm 5'10", and a lot of skirts/dresses that are supposed to have a modest length look insanely skanky on me. Makes searching for clothes a mission.

Maybe it saves them money from the material? lol

• Yeah. It's depressing to go shopping, sometimes. Especially for dresses. This is why I go to antique stores and goodwill. haha

• You're just trying on the wrong sizes lol

• I'm short & I notice this! Thanks for pointing this out. It seems like the clothes factories are out of cash :D