Tattoos and Body Piercing... Opinions please!

How do people feel about tattoos and a body piercing on a girl. I want to get my belly button pierced when I turn 17 in exactly 3 months, and I want a tattoo when I turn 18. The tattoo would be nothing big, just a quote or saying that's close to my heart which I would get on my foot. The quote /saying would either be 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' from Philippians 4:13 or 'That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger' from Neitzsche. All opinions are welcome!

Most Helpful Guy

• Body piercing is okay. You'll get older and decide it looks stupid, and remove it. I did it, my wife did it, you'll do it, no big deal.

Plenty of girls I know have a small tattoo. It looks stupid. It looks decent when people have a ton of tattoos, but also trashy, though in kind of a sexy way. Still, I wouldn't advise it.

What Guys Said 8

• the piercing is chill, I like them. the tattoo is less cool to me. some tattoos can be really cool, but I don't think id date someone who has a bible verse tatted on them

• something symmetrical on the girls shoulders and arms.

lotsa girls think its cuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttte to have tattoos on their legs, stomach and hips, and stuff like that.

I don't think that's attractive do something in a better place where it'll look equal on your body. then that's attractive.

get your belly button pierced it's symmetrical unless you're misshaped.

• I don't really know of anybody who dislikes belly button piercings, those are a pretty safe bet. Quote tattoos are a little cliched, though, and lots of guys think tattoos in general are trashy. But it's not like it'd be a dealbreaker with many people, so long as it's relatively innocuous.

• Piercings on the ears only and no tattoos.

• My question is: "For what purpose?"

• what purpose for what?

• What do you gain by having a tattoo and a body piercing?

I do not see the point.

• the point for the tattoo is that whenever I look at it, it will remind me that with every situation I go through either good or bad, it will only make me stronger. for example, if I get the tattoo or the piercing with the pain that comes with that it will only make me a stronger person overall, and I know that I can go through more difficult situations.

• i like piercings but the belly button seems a bit generic to me.

quotes are a good choice but please none from bible, only if you really want that

• natural is better

• I like tattoos. I only like some piercings. They are tongue, belly button, and hips.

What Girls Said 5

• I have a belly button piercing, and I love it. The good thing about a piercing is you can take it out, and it will heal up. As far as a tattoo, I'd give that more thought until I was absolutely sure what I wanted, and then I'd still wait a little longer. You can always just go get a tattoo; can't ever just go get it removed.

• I think both are hot if the placement is correct and the tattoo is well done.

• I like tattoos if they're original, but I rarely like piercings.

Both of those quotes are kind of cliche, but if they mean a lot to you, who cares?

• If you put it in the right place and it looks good then do whatever floats your boat!

• Neitzsche or Philippians 4:13...

You know how Neitzsche felt about religion, right? Might want to rethink putting a quote on your foot by the same man who also stated "After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands."

Not judging what you believe one way or the other, just to let you know he wasn't too keen that stuff

• Yeah, I do actually. I studied philosophy in school, and in the curriculum Neitzsche was included. Its not about what he believed and what his thoughts were on religion, its mostly just about the quote and the meaning it holds within itself