How can I stop getting mistaken for a boy?

Having short hair and not wearing makeup probably doesn't help, but I always dress feminine.

Even if you guys don't think I look like a boy, I keep getting mistaken for one. People have referred to me as my sister's brother and I get called sir at restaurants a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• When I used to have long hair I had a guy come up to me and say "I hope this doesn't offend you, but when I first saw you I thought you were a guy."

I don't really have advice, just thought I'd share.

• You look like a girl to me I see boobs and a feminine body figure, to many people see but don't look.

Wear ribbons in your hair and wear a lot of pink. Wear lipstick.

Or get a shirt or a button that says, "Girl Power".

• My sister had her head shaved for some fundraiser charity thing a few years ago.

Some lady yelled at her one time while she was walking into the girls bathroom. She was all like, "the boys bathroom is on the other side!"

My sister looks nothing like a boy, even without hair. People are just retarded.

• Aha, move to England? If I can pass for a girl, then you can. =S

• You look like a girl

What Girls Said 15

• well give us pics of the short haired you,i'm pretty sure I can help you,i've had a bowl cut before and I've gotten myself to look pretty hot with it

• How do you get mistaken for a boy if you dress in girlie clothes? Wear lace and put blush on your face and they will no FOR sure you are a girl.

• LOL!

Anyway, just correct the idiots who mistake you for a guy with a really witty and sarcastic remark. It will make them feel like an imbecile.

• Get a decent long-haired wig until your hair grows back? My friend did that, and it worked!

• where the HELL do you live? even with the haircut, I don't see how you can pass for a boy. especially since you dress femininely.

that's so crazy.

• why don't you wear makeup ? not that its a bad thing, I'm just wondering

• Most people tell me I look like a clown with makeup, and I don't think it makes me any better looking.

• who cares what people say? well if you don't wanna wear it you don't have to.

and as long as YOU know you're a girl that's all that matters, you don't have to waste your time proving to people something that you already know

• Stop whipping your penis out in public. It's unsavoury.

But really, people are stupid. :)

• how short is your hair? You should get a haircut that softens your jawline.

• It's about ear length. It was supposed to be a chin length bob but the stylist screwed it up majorly.

• next time you get a hair cut go for layers that frame your face, this will soften your bone structure. :]

• You ask too much questions.

• Whoever calls you that, just call them the opposite of what they are and they'll get the point!

• carry a purse

• If you're seriously asking, not just fishing for compliments and you don't want a drastic change, I'd say get your eyebrows done (shaped) and curl your lashes, a little mascara and sheer lipgloss wouldn't hurt either.

• will you please stop complaing about your hair. on every question by you or someone else I've seen where uve complained about your haircut. it happens. I've had bad haircuts too. I'm not wanting to pick a fight or nothing I'm just asking you to stop complaing please. its annoying and your hair will grow back just be lucky you have what you got because some people don't have hair.

• First off, that SUCKS.

-Wear more revealing clothes.

-Wear heavier make up.

-Nail polish.

-Straighten your hair.

• You don't look like a boy!