Would it be a dealbreaker for you if a girl took forever to get ready in the morning?

i'm not sure what the normal time is, but I take about 45 minutes to get ready. that's clothing, makeup, and hair. and usually breakfast.

there's a girl who lives in my dorm and every morning she gets up super early just to get ready. she spends literally two hours in the shower. all the other girls on the floor have to set up a shower schedule around her. I don't know what takes so long, I assume it's because she has super long hair down to her butt.

picking out an outfit takes half an hour. she's one of those girls who picks something and puts in on, stares in the mirror a few minutes, then decides she doesn't like it and tries again. she does this over and over.

her makeup takes another half hour because it has to be very precise and just so. she doesn't wear a lot of it but she's a perfectionist and goes very slow.

her hair takes her another hour because of its length. whether she straightens or curls it she has to spend an hour with some sort of styling tool.

in the end she looks like a hottie, but it takes her 4 hours. and that's on a normal day! I can't imagine how long it takes her to dress up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Exercise, drink more water than you want, apply aloe vera to your face and body regularly, eat properly, don't smoke, and that should clear up much of your friends morning ugliness so she shouldn't have to spend that much time on herself.

I'm not exaggerating here. I know some models who do nothing but smoke and drink coffee for days on end leading up to their shoot. They wake up looking like goblins, all dried up and cell damaged. Of course they're going to be hideous. It's a matter of taking care of yourself, least for the most part.

• sometimes I wonder if you're on drugs when you answer questions because none of your answers are ever relevant or helpful.

she's not ugly in the morning, she has super long hair and is a perfectionist.

• For the most part I'm just having fun here, and if I detect a question as a playful troll then I play along --- like your question. I don't think it's serious. Two hours in the shower? You're on drugs because your sense of time is completely off. No one spends that much time in water, just imagine how bloated you'd be coming out. She'd be out sooner than that, believe me. You're exaggerating. Thus I answered around your dumb question. Other than that, work on your brain not body for a change.

What Guys Said 6

• eh, as long as she doesn't wake me up she can do whatever

• I take about an hour to get going in the morning (my mom always tells me that I'm the Daughter she never had, ha ha I take forever), but I'd be cool with her taking longer then me.

patience is a virtue I suppose

• Yeah, that's horrible but I'm used to the notion.

• Well in your case, that's typical of a girl. But in the girl that you described I probably would not like it very much. I mean it's good to care about one's image but that might be a little excessive...

• nope used to it.

• Total dealbreaker.

• I mean 45 minutes is really good for a woman. 4 hours? Nobody ever looks good enough to put up with that. Ever. It doesn't exist.

What Girls Said 9

• Sounds like she has OCD or something. I mean it should not take 4 hours to look hot. That's like even more than movie stars spend for a TV appearance.

the most I've ever spent, including everything when I had super long hair was an hour.

usually it takes me more like 15 mins.

but maybe that's her hobby or something and she enjoys doing it. but I still think she has a problem.

• Girl 45mins? It takes me 2 hours to get ready and look like I'm ready to mingle. That includes 20 min in shower, washing my hair, brushing tooth, cleansin face, putting cream lotion, makeup, blowdrying and straightening my hair, and finally dressing up. I don't think I take forever but no way I could do all that in 45 mins.

• Waking up, breakfast, shower, lotion, brush and floss, hair straightening, makeup, clothes. 2 hours maybe for me. But I will always make sure to wake up in time so no one has to wait. If I sleep in I can be ready in 30 mins, I'm not a morning person and I like to be able to go slow but I would never repeat anything, if my hair or makeup looks bad or my outfits not great, its meh better luck tomorrow.

• Complete deal-breaker. She would literally drive me insane.

• No, not at all.

• No, not at all

• 45 minutes isn't forever. 1-2 hours is forever

• lol all that is unnecessary and time consuming but maybe that girl enjoys it. some people enjoy taking all that time on themselves because they consider it part of their "me time" where they get to relax. I take about 1 hour and 30 to get ready maybe 2 hours

• I have a girl friend whom I traveled with last summer on vacation. She's my best friend but SERIOUSLY I was mad as hell! I do dress up and get prepared really quick. Give me 5 - 10 minutes & I'm all done. Even If I'm dressing up for a night out. I look nice too.

She takes like forever to get dressed. I couldn't keep myself from commenting on that. She tried her best to get prepared quickly and that means like at least half an hour lol

It drives me crazy & I'm a girl.