Is it common for guys to have stretch marks?

I think girls and women suffer from it the most.

0|0
5|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not common, but if a guy is fat its quite likely that he will have them. Overall though I don't think many guys get them even in the case of overweight guys.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I have a few on my back and on the inside of my thighs. But I was pushing towards 6' in grade school. I think on men you can't tell as easily.

I'd never judge a girl over it. I think they're natural. I don't expect or want perfection.

1|1
    0|0
  • yes.

My dad, my brother, and myself all have stretchmarks on our shoulders. I drew the short straw and got them around my stomach as well :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have a lot from when I used to be fat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually, interestingly - I've never been with a girl who has stretch marks, but all the boys I've been with have. And I have them... Funny, right? I mean, its possible more girls have them, I think its probably likely cos you hear about that more often, but I've experienced way more boys with them =]

• Yeah, I've seen guys with stretch marks. Mostly really fat guys, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It typically happens when guys put on a lot of fat or muscle. Since I've started working out, I've gotten stretch marks on my left bicep, both hips, my left armpit, and I've enlarged the ones on both thighs.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• My boyfriend has them on his hips, but I don't have any. Do most girls have them?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's very, very common. Almost all girls I know have them, almost...

• I guess I don't have them because I never had a growth spurt. I grew very slowly. Between ages 12 and 18 I went from 4'10" to 5'5", but it was a very gradual process.

• I know a lot of guys who have stretch marks especially body builder types. Its all about genes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, guys have them also.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course its common... guys and girls can get them

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse guys have them as well.

0|0
    0|0