My boyfriend hates hair dye. Should I tell him I dye mine?

so background info my sis and I both have light brown hair. I bleach mine blond and she dyes hers dark brown.

i've been dating this guy for 2 months now and I really like him. he's my favorite of all the boyfriends I've had.

earlier tonight he picked me up for a date. my sis has never met him because she's never been home when he comes by so I called up the stairs for her to come down. she said she couldn't because she was dying her hair.

my boyfriend said 'eww, your sister dyes her hair? I hate fake girls like that. I only like natural blondes.'

now I'm freaking out. should I tell him or hope he never finds out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell him. In fact, I would make it seem like he offended me by saying that. I would "act" sad about it and say something along the lines of: " you know when you said that natural blond comment, I got offended. I'm not a natural blond so it made me sad" (something like that) If he is as great as you say he is, he will appreciate you for whatever you do. If he get's mad that you aren't a natural blond, you can some thing like "Well don't you find me attractive?" (he answers most likely yes) and you can say "well if you find me attractive with this hair color, it obviously isn't that big of a deal". Hopefully he isn't superficial and picky to the point where he breaks up with you because you aren't a natural blond. Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• How dumb is this guy, it's very obvious when a girl dyes her hair blond, naturally blond hair doesn't look like dyed blond hair. I have blond hair and it looks nothing like lets just say Paris Hilton's hair, her's is dyed or bleached, or whatever he hell you want to call it.

So if this guy can't tell the difference then who cares let him think it's natural it's not that big of a deal, it's not your hiding the fact that your really a man or something.

• If you would have said something, he would have been the one freaking out.

• If you think its not going to be a long relationship then just keep it to yourself but by what you say it looks like you really like him and should probably tell him. However I'm afraid your dealing with a double edged knife since if you don't tell him and find out iits over and if you do tell him his reaction might be also negative. However if you do tell him and along with that you tell him that you really like him and don't want him to go, most likely he will understand

What Girls Said 5

• you should have said something immediately,and why would you want to date someone so shallow he cares so much about hair dying?

• Haha obviously he *doesn't* only like natural blondes. What a doof.

Tell him. It's no good hiding who you are because you're afraid of what your own boyfriend might think. Hopefully he'll accept you the way you are.

• who cares its your hair.

• tell him. it's not a big deal. he's probably just half joking

• there's no reason to tell him. he shouldn't be that picky and shallow anyway. its not like you were born a man, you just dye your hair. apparently he doesn't "ONLY" like natural blondes lol.