Do you mind colorful hair?

Guys and girls, do you mind colorful hair? Like bright pink streaks or blue tips? Do you think it's tacky or it could be nice if done right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously it should be done right... Who would want hair literally 'gone wrong'?

That said, if it doesn't suit you, it's per definition stupid to do. It's like people with size x attempting to wear size (x-20). It literally doesn't suit you, so don't try to do so. The simile with hairstyle counts just the same.

That said, it should also be noted that generally, one shouldn't attempt to go 'too far' into 'the extreme'. If one goes too far into a look that's considered to belong to a certain stereotype or subculture, chances are that at that time you'll generally only appeal to those in that subculture.

link <-- like

link <- like

link <- like

link <- like, just natural enough, though you might be pushing it

link <- severely unnatural, not my thing

link <- not my thing

link <-- not my thing,

For all of these last three counts that chances are not many people outside of that subculture will look at you and go 'well look at that hot mama!' They'll generally look and respond as they almost always do, with: 'what the hell?' If that's what you want, go ahead, else just stay away from it.

So: Though there always are exceptions, the general rule is to just do what feels right, and what looks good on you. Do whatever WORKS.

FWIW,

Tim

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say that it can look pretty good, depending on the person, but I'd imagine a lot of people would say the opposite.Same can be said for most things, no matter how you look, there'll be people who like it and people who don't.

• I like it.

• I am totally turned off by strange colors in a girls hair. I prefer natural or at least close to it

What Girls Said 3

• In general I find it tacky, but there are exceptions though .

• I think it can look amazing only if you to more like highlights or dye only the tips of the hair, and try to keep the color as close to your natural color (black hair with blue streaks - I think will look good, brown hair with red streaks will also look god)

try to keep it as natural as possible by either brightness of the color or the combination

• I love it, personally. Not really brave enough to do anything like that with my hair, though :X