Why do girls always get upset when a guy looks at them for more than 2 seconds?

Why do girls fix themselves up to look so good that if they could they would do themselves if they could, and then get upset when a guy looks at them for more than 2 seconds, and I literally mean 2 seconds ! - I mean dang, they knew how good they looked before they left the house so why do they get all upset when a guy notices. And don't respond with any of that insecure crap. your insecure when we look, your insecure when we don't...WTH is up with women these days ? !

Most Helpful Girl

• Women don't always get upset when you notice how they look. It depends what else is going on, though. We're assuming you mean strangers passing eah other in the street, not work colleagues or anything tricky like that:

-- If a random old man decides to leer at you as you walk, that's not flattering, that's insulting.

-- If a random guy smiles or nods at you in greeting while you pass, maybe says hi, that's flattering.

-- If a random guy turns to stare at you as you pass, you're not likely to see his jaw dangling out of its sockets anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

-- If a random guy stops dead in his tracks to give you the once over, depending on the guy, it can be confusing, irritating, or complimentary.

-- If a strange guy gets touchy-feely, that's generally time to call the cops.

If you're talking about someone you have a history with (colleague, subordinate, girlfriend, etc.) then the rules and responses change a little due to extenuating circumstances, office/company policies, etc.

What Girls Said 19

• I get generally annoyed because men have no idea how many times a day we girls get stared at my men, it's nearly all the friggin time lol so it will get so so annoying, we just want one moment to ourselves in a day without a guy drewling over us treating us like their eye candy lol. I wish more than anything guys were not visual creatures ether, it really is just completely shallow that guys like girls for how pretty they look to their eyes, looks only capture the eyes but see looks can be deicieving. It really does get super annoying being stared at, I know to guys that's like "Oh hello? she is so beautiful" and I know it's meant to be a compliment from you but when the first thing a guy notices is how you look it just feels so shallow. I don't wanna be just drewled all over wherever I go because guys think I'm cute or beautiful I want a guy to actually talk to me and get to know me first before they go and start drewling all over me lol.

• theres a difference between looking, and staring.

as a model I have to go through this pretty much all the time (not trying to big myself up atall just stating) and if a guy looks then you're like, hey, I look good, awesome.

but if a guy is standing and staring at you, but not approaching you, it makes them seem a bit creepy to be honest! I'd rather talk to a guy than be stared at. its also the mentality of the 'male gaze' and if all a man is doing is staring at you a woman feels completely objectified.

yes women dress up to go out, that's psychological, a womens role is to be attractive and find a mate- but we dress up in the hope that a nice guy will approach us, rather than being oogled at by a bunch of creeps haha.

my advice is, if you like what you see, go say hi! :) nothing to lose.

hope this helped x

• "yes women dress up to go out, that's psychological, a womens role is to be attractive and find a mate- but we dress up in the hope that a nice guy will approach us"

I don't know what world you live in but I'm glad it's not the same as mine.

• we were made to reproduce yes, which is why we have rounder bodies than men, everything else is media-driven. it's a sad day when a female's sole purpose for looking good is purely to attract a mate whether it's evolution / nature or not, we are capable of intelligent thought which is what separates us from animals. I'm not knocking you, just my opinion.

• I agree with Lorahayes and Cassie, I always like to think a guy will approach me when I go out. And I think about that when I'm getting ready. I definitely don't live in the same world as you Minxxe.

• i don't get upset if I as going to et upset I would not lave the house. once you are in public people are allowed to look. I can take pictures of strangers too, if I want to. they have no legal right against it.

i stare at everyone all the time. some people do not like to be looked at. in some cultures it is considered very ride. be more subtle about it.

& people can dress up because they like how they feel doing so.. does not necessarily mean they are looking for attention,

i wear things I want to wear even if I do not go outside I still like to war certain things.

only time id get upset for some guy staring is if I run into I'm in a dark alley with no one else around.. its creepy & you don't know peoples intentions. guys used to stare at me on the metro then try to follow me home.

• What do you mean by 'upset'? I get shy, I like to be noticed, but when I am I come over all self-conscious and shy and don't really know what to do - oh for my younger days when I just flicked my hair and strutted by, lol - if you mean the type of women who get all pissed off and tell you do 'f-off' or something, I don't get that either! I guess they're the types who say they only dress to please themselves... I don't believe anyone who says they don't even wonder a BIT whether any guys will notice them!

• There's a difference between looking and oogling.

Looking shows interest and makes a girl think, "Oh, he thinks I'm cute/look nice". Oogling makes a girl think, "Eww, he's staring at my boobs/butt and only thinks of me as a sex object."

• but... aren't we all sex objects (both men and women)? I mean, humans need to populate?

• idk, but we are mostly sex objects. Do you mind that your boyfriend finds you sexy, and at times only wants to have sex with you? This makes you (at that precise moment) ONLY a sex object. Granted, I feel people should also be valued for their minds, personalities, etc.. but there really isn't anything wrong with being seen as "sexy".

• Your logic fails in the sense that my boyfriend doesn't find me sexy or want to have sex with me, for the most part.

And if he was like that, then yes, I would mind.

• personally I get dressed up and glamorous for me not for anyone else, honestly it's also in preparation for other women bitching about hair, clothes, accessories etc nothing to do with men.

if someone makes an obvious show of looking at my assets then yes I'll get offended rather than upset but that's because it is rude to stare, make me a compliment or send over a drink but do not gawp it makes the guy creepy.

• Right on! You make yourself feel great when going out - that's what really matters. The feedback from men may affect your attitude at first, but if your boyfriend was to stare at you, you probably wouldn't mind...

• larry there is a fine line between sexy and slutty. even I'll admit to looking if I think a girl has made the classic error of thinking slutty means sexy . No, there is such a thing called class. slutty invites looks that's what she's looking for. sexy should be admired in a classier manner, a glance is one thing but gawping & salivating into my cleavage is another thing entirely. I think most men know the difference it's the boys that need to learn to keep their tongues in, lol ;O)

• Please check my questions..lol

• If a guy is obviously staring at me and he's good looking I'll stare back, I wouldn't get annoyed unless he was oogling. In which most guys should know, oogling won't get you anywhere.

• Maybe they don't want to get anywhere.

• Thats fine then they can continue, but I would either just walk off, turn away or ignore them completely. There's no need to get annoyed, their just showing their appreciation.

• For me I take a long time to be exact( 2 or 3 hours lol)to get ready if I am going to a special occasion...and if a guy notices...I am proud...unless he looks at me in disgust...then I failed lol..

But on a regular basis that takes me (10 to 15 minutes) dudes look at me regardless...i just don't care so far you don't got creeping on me. Don't creep me out...or I will be forced to be a bitch.

Sometimes even when no effort..they are always creeps.

So, don't bother why girls are girls and guys are guys. nuff said.

• That's part of the problem with men and women. Noone takes the time to try to understand the other sex. Speaking from experience, there are plenty of women that would kill for a guy to just once try to understand them mentally. Instead of always trying to undress them with their mind, try using it to stimulate her intelect. I see women for more than just their looks so y can't I look w/o being shunned ?

• It's always the few that ruin it for the rest of us. Look at the warning labels on things, speed limits, surgeon general's warnings...

• So the guy who grabbed your ass is a creep. That has nothing to do with anybody else.

• Ill tell ya lol. We women are just weird, we don't like to be looked at for too long because were either afraid that you're going to find a flaw, or just because we are insecure, or because it can be intimidating. Me, I'm that way a little but usually its only if theirs an aquward silence and a 30 second stare and I feel a hole burning into my face. So if you are talking to a girl that gets nervous because you're starring, just come up with something cheesy like.."Sorry, I couldn't help it, you're just really beautiful" or cute, stunning, whatever crap hits you're mind lol, and they will either roll their eyes, because they are just rude and nasty or do a cute little giggle and say "Whatever" because she dos'nt wanna agree and seem conceded. We women are more complicated that we need to be, trust me lol. Most of us don't make much sense from the things we do, just gotta learn how to read us

• She probably didn't want "your" attention. I can't relate with her dressing as a hoochie unless she's on the prowl. She wants attention from guys she may find attractive, and give everyone else dirty looks. If I go out, I dress nice, not hoochie like. If guys look, fine. If they ogle and make noises or some kind of sex comment, I'll then give them a dirty look. I guess it's in the way they look. Looking or ogling. Ogling will not get you time with the girl unless she has eyes for you. And if a girl dresses like a hoochie, than she can expect it from everyone and not be such a b*tch about it.

• Wtf. I honestly don't even see how that's creepy. I get happy and a confidence boost if I notice a guy looking at me! Most of those girls are probably just insecure or just don't understand that it's a freaking compliment. They need to stop whining and accept that they looked good and someone else thinks so too.

• lol

hmm.. it depends on the guy that's looking at them.

• that's what I said.

• As far as the guy that's looking...well who's fault is it that you look hot ? Sure is'nt his fault. I mean you need to remember that even though he looks ugly to you or maybe he's just not the one you meant to impress, You STILL look hot whether you meant for that specific guy to look at you or not !

• agreed, it's this superficial thing girls do (I think without realizing it). The majority of girls like attention, but they only like attention from certain people.

• i don't get upset but annoyed sometimes. That's all

• its creepy! if you like me come and talk to me. simple.

• Because it feels intimidating and insensitive and I am surprised a man of your age hasn't learned that staring is rude by now.

• I'm flattered when I see guys staring at me...But it might be because you're age is 36-45...younger girls find it creepy when older men stare at them

• Because when that guy is with a girl, we know how it hurts to have our guy stare at other girls, & we feel sorry for her & think he is a pig.

Also, we are not here to be eye candy for men, leave us alone.

• it's annoying if he's unattractive just plain ugly or going out of his way to look

• You can look at me all day baby ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Women go to great lengths to look good...they even dress sexy...gives us as men no right to look too long...men should control their eyes..lol...I saw a male friend of mine get fired for sexual harassment for looking at a hot woman too long

• It's not THAT guys look at them it's WHAT guys look at them.

Don't worry about it, look to your heart's content.

• If you do not want guys looking at you then stay at home ! I repeat...You STILL look hot whether you meant for that specific guy to look at you or not !

• It's also WHO's looking at them. All women are beautiful in their own way, just as all guys are noble in their own way.