Guys how do you usually interpret eye contact with a girl?

Guys how do you usually interpret eye contact with a girl? Say you and a girl held eye contact a little longer than what is considered normal. Maybe a few seconds. How would you generally interpret that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a very hard time knowing if a girl is really interested in me with eye contact. If a girl walks past me (or sees me on the train or bus) with long eye contact and smiling, sometimes I just think they are being just nice and friendly or just having a good day. While at the same time if a girl displays zero eye contact with me, or very little, I think they aren't interested at all. So I'm screwed either way, lol. :p

There was a situation on the bus a month ago involving some eye contact from a girl that I thought maybe liked me but that's a long story. If you want to hear it, I will share it.

• Sure. Share your story if you'd like. :)

• See over the past few months I was seeing this guy. We both really liked each other but anyway long story short, about 2 months ago things got really complicated & I was forced to end things between us. We hadn't seen or talked to each other for about a month & just a few weeks ago we saw each other as we were passing by he just looked at me & held eye contact for a bit before he actually said hello in soft tone of voice. I just found it a bit odd because I thought he wasn't talking to me yet here

• he was holding eye contact with me.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't really like to interpret any kind of signs from women anymore, If they smile at me or make eye contact, I just assume they are psychotic.

• lol not all women are that crazy

• Haha I'm not saying only psychotics look at me. Example: this girl who I thought was really cute was in one of my classes. We would do group projects and such. I would always catch her looking at me, smiling wide and laughing. One time we were talking and she started betting her eyelashes at me and I forgot was I was talking about. I asked her out and she said no. Only psychotics want attention from people they are not attracted to, at least I know I dont. She even gets mad when I don't say hi.

• I wonder if she's staring at me, or someone behind me?

• Eye contact is flirting babe, simple as that.

Throw in a mutual smile and your set.

• I would think that she was not shy and had a lot of confidence.

• if she quickly looks away or stairs a long time I would think she at least thinks I'm physically attractive

• Would you give a girl those same type of looks?

• if I found her attractive yeah would do the same things back

• i wondered the same thing yesterday at the mall. There was this girl that caught my eye, she was very cute...and she looked at me, a few times.. and kinda drifted into the area where I was shopping..i looked at her and smiled a couple times. but I honestly couldn't tell if she were interested or just thought I was a pyscho for looking at her...so guys can't really interpret eye contact too well either.

• Would you have felt any different if she steadily held eye contact with you rather than just looking over a few times or do you think that makes no difference?

• How do you usually look at a girl you like?

• mostly quick glances...a couple, and if there's eye contact, then I smile...i admit I'm a bit shy and would be nervous if I thought a girl was interested to walk up to her

What Girls Said 0