Guys, can you tell when a girl has extensions (weave) in her hair?

Most girls have no problem pointing out fake hair.

But many guys will complement me on my, yes came from my head, long hair & then add a "is it yours?' after I thank them for the complement.

I take offense to this, is he just trying to further the conversation or can you guys really not tell?

Also, does it bother guys to know that a girl is wearing fake hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can never tell. I honestly don't pay much attention to it. But I do think that for the most part I really prefer natural hair so I don't think I'm much of a fan of hair extensions.

On a slightly unrelated note, why do you have a male profile lol?

• I don't know how to change it, pretty much all my questions make it obvious I'm a girl anyways.

Is there a way to change it without having to make a new profile?

• Lol okay then. But sometimes you might want to ask a question where it's not obvious that you're a girl. And also, check out the "Other" section. There are fun time-killing questions there. You'd be surprised... GAG isn't actually that bad of a place :). Try answering questions. It's funner than you think. Wait a sec, I shouldn't be saying this. You don't wanna get hooked lol. Then you just waste all your time and never get work done (like me). Never mind, don't answer questions. :/

• I do checkout the "other" section every so often & spend time looking at others time-killing answers & taking them into perspective, but I'm kinda all about the get honestly, like I already know sh*t about myself & don't feel the need to waste my time sharing it with other unless I feel they will really befit & appreciate info I'm giving.

Did I give off the impression that I don't like GAG? If so, you got me all wrong, I love this site, it makes my scattered mixed feelings become

What Girls Said 7

• it's probably cause nowadays it's rare to find a girl with nice hair(or boobs,or nails,or bum,or eye color) that isn't fake

• I am ALWAY'S asked if I am wearing extensions. Guess I can't blame them, seeing as my hair is halfway down my arse and heavily layered. lol. I have never worn extensions and never plan to.

• I don't think guys can tell but girls can

• Everyone asks me if I have extensions ... it is so annoying ... !

• I know. I understand if a girls really hair was layered a lot then it could possibly look like it's fake cause you can usually see where her hair stops & it's just fake hair but mines not layered at all! Is yours?

• No ma'am it is not! I guess we should just take it as a compliment lol

• i can't even tell half the time

• no. I wear my real hair but a lot of people assume its weave and get surprised when they find out its all mine. I think its because I'm dark brown and people assume most black girls with hair down their back are wearing a weave. HMMPH...most guys don't really care as long as it looks good and natural. if it looks like it could have come from your scalp its all good.

• Guys don't care about hair extensions nor split ends.

What Guys Said 3

• I can never tell. My bro and his girl were at the mall and to be a jerk he was like "thats not really her hair, its extensions" and she admitted it. I was shocked, it looked exactly like her hair.

Now, with black people and some other ethnicities I can tell because their hair isn't natually straight or glossy. My mom is the one black person I know who has both and its her real hair, which freakin wrinkles my brain every time I think of it.

• Depends on how the girls has her hair done, somtimes its very obvious and sometimes its hidden really well. But I'm sure its doesn't bother most guys I know it doesn't bother me

• Idc if she's wearing fake hair, she's doing it for a look she's going for so whatever that's cool. *i'm great at noticing them though, which is what I don't like. . so unless he's a d***, he shouldn't let it effect things.